+1

Raider question

Is this one of the famous 94 purple hull raiders I keep hearing about:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39283ke_20.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	204091

Aside from the obviously purple hull, what should I look for to indicate it's one of the fast skis? It would have the 62t engine no?

Dave

+1
    Yeah thats a purple 'lightweight' and it does have the 62T engine. Really the color of the hull indicates that its a 94' and that should be enough to label it. Not to mention the difference in weight is staggering, nearly 100 pounds lighter than its 95' rival!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	204094Adam

+1
    Thanks Adam. The guy here is selling it, saying it's a 95, but I think that's not quite accurate. He's asking $1000 for it though, which is kinda steep.

PS, did you see how the anodized stuff turned out?

+1
    $1000 in season isn't too bad IMO but 700 would make the deal alot sweeter. I would try to get him down then pick it up. That is a very desirable hull. And yes I saw those aluminum pieces, they look great!

94 - I remember those worthless sponsons. I also remember the fiberglass rash and scratches I got from installing a set of Beach House on mine. The 94 is still my fav. The funnest of the Raiders to throw around. I let all the guests ride the 1100 Raider because guests only care about spinouts and fast in a straight line.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam E. View Post
    $1000 in season isn't too bad IMO but 700 would make the deal alot sweeter. I would try to get him down then pick it up. That is a very desirable hull. And yes I saw those aluminum pieces, they look great!

Thanks, I think they came out very well.

As for the Raider, I'd love to get it down in price. I have to call him tonight and see. Those sponsons are garbage eh? Good to know. Now I'd need a double trailer..

+1
    My dad had what was believed to be the first 94 Raider sold in Indiana...He had that thing modded so much it would eat the 1100s for lunch! That was a fun ski, but man have times changed. I remember getting thrown off that thing a few times, the constant spray in the face, etc. Anyone know why they went to SMC in 95? durability maybe? I just know the 1100 was a bucking bronco, my dad's pal had one and he was constantly catching chines and skipping across the water. Those things were only good in smooth water...too heavy for the hull design IMO

When we got our 1st Raider, getting thrown was half the fun. Now I'm so in tune to the craft, I seldom make a mistake. I sorta miss the unexpected spill & getting Charlie Brown'd across the water. The 1100 can still surprise me in chop. That's why I give it to guests. They always think I'm doing them a favor. After a few tumbles, they've figured out I set them up.

+1
    I got a 95 raider with a 1200 motor in it, i would love to get the 94 hull and do a swap, !!!!! I say go for it!!! Its summer time and why waste time looking for a steal when u can be out on the water riding???? I love the raider hull and its definately a scary ride and will toss u to the left in the chop if your not ready for it!!!! Who wants a dry stable ride??? I'd get a boat if i wanted to be dry

+1
    I love my Raider, and that's why I want this one.

As for the keeping dry, I do have a boat, but I like pwcs better. The boat is fun with friends, but for screwing around I like the smallness of the Raider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information