Thread: oil ?s 250x 07

oil ?s 250x 07

so im pretty sure im going to get flogged with use the search feature remarks on this one. but ive tried and it brings up nothing no matter what i type in. so far ive found it about as useless as a white crayon. but anyways on with the cloraphill. i installed a free flow exh and the performer intake the other night (which was somewhat of a [email protected]!$ for someone with bigger hands) but noticed a substancial amount of oil in intercooler and bypass lines. and it seems like my ski is using oil. is this normal? ive read about the gio problems and amazingly i do not seem to have this problem. i just use oil wich isnt really much better. and while were on this topic whats the best way to level the ski to check oil? by leveling the motor or the ski or check it in the water? and whats some good oil to run in these? the guy i bought it from said he ran bomb 4 stroke syn blend. and as soon as i got the ski i sucked it out and changed it out(using that oil) but doesnt seem right to me. but the oil problems are making me scared to ride the d&^n thing. so any tips tricks or theories would me appreciated. sorry if i f*&^%$ somthin up here still a noob so apoligizing for that in advance.

bump

???????????

+1
    oil in the intercooler is from overfilling. IMHO the dipstick is pure crap with it's location of the marks and depending on how/when you check it as well as what phase the moon is in depends on what level you see on the stick .
    The ski holds 4 quarts. What I did was tilt the ski forward as much as possible and suck out every little bit you can. Level the ski with a small level on the motor and add 4 quarts and a fresh filter. start the ski for a 10 secs or so and then shut it down.....
    now this is where my routine is different.... let the ski sit overnight. check the oil level with the ski level and cold and make note at where the oil level is. this is your "full" mark. I check the oill level on my ski cold just before it leaves for every ride. I use a little oil over my 10 hours that I leave it in there...not much though.
    IMHO the key with checking the oil in these things is consistancy. check it cold/check it hot...but be consistant on temp and level of the ski....and it only holds 4 quarts..
    I run mobil1 10-40 synthetic using a stock kawi filter and change every 10 hours....personal preference here, nothing more.
    Good Luck

thanks buddy that makes perfect sense. being as i put in five. so when it uses that quart will it continue to use since it was overfilled? or once it goes through that quart it (should) stay somewhere around that region? its about to get another change being im approaching the ten hour mark since last change. im thinking of running the full syn from kaw made by motul that i saw on the team moto page. skip seems to have a good head on his shoulders about these skis and if they use it it must be pretty good.

+1
    It will only continue to use the oil if you keep adding to much. 5 quarts is way to much. It fills up in the intercooler. Have you pulled your intercooler and cleaned it out yet? If not then put it on your things to do.
    Run whatever oil puts a smile on your face....

Thread Information