New Issue...03 GTX S/C P0353

Ok first off great site and read through a bunch of possibilities. First had a hesitation issue when starting off WOT at idle. Then while climbing the MPH's at around 50 and up I would feel the ski sputter or feel like it was hitting the rev limiter but would slowly increase speed. Then with a passenger after about 5 min of 50mph cruising across the lake the check engine light came on and went into limb mode. Pulled the laynard and restarted fine. Took off and it did the same with passenger. Got back to beach and waited a few. Went out by myself and still had hesitation isue but no check engine light. So took it in and the shop said the wear ring was bad and impeller was nicked and the cavitation was causing the ski to overheat and cause the check engine light under more of a load with passenger. Ok that made sense but had that replaced and went out this past weekend. Had the same hesitation issue again at WOT from start and the cruising issue of sputtering at times. Trailered it and pulled the drain plugs. Found a ton of water comming out of the ski. Next day the ski did the same thing with hesitation and such but pulled the seat and found water in the hull. Didnt have this much water the first time I took it out. Couldnt find the leak. Got the ski home and while checking things out found three loose bolts that hold the jet onto the pump where loose. Not at the hull but just after the reverse mechanism. Sorry not sure of the terms. Would this cause the water issue? Wouldnt the syphons draw the water out of the hull or is water backing up the syphons tubes into the hull. And wat about the hesitation? Would having those bolts loose cause the hesitation and cavitation? HELP!!!!

Man I sure went on and on didnt I!!!
    Last edited by hfdmedic38; 07-08-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Bump

New Issue...03 GTX S/C P0353

Ok got the water issue fixed and the hesitation is gone but still have an issue with it throwing a P0353 code. We rode steady for about an hour or so doing wot runs when the ski went into limp mode and through the code. Pulled the lanyard and started back up and took off. After going about 45-50 mph the check engine light and limp mode happened again, same code P0353. Pulled lanyard and restarted. Found out from previous owner that it did the same thing for them but they didnt have a code to go off of and they had the MPEM replaced. There seems to be a patern here. Happens after ski has ran for a while and at high speeds or revs. Possible causes besides bad coil? I checked the ohms from the #3 cylinder coil and it was in normal range. Should I just replace the plug and coil or is there a way make sure its not the ECU.

Thread Information