Thread: temp light

temp light

ok today i got to take my stx12r out today for a good run and see what my new parts have done for me. well after about 10min of thrashing i got a temp light and the ski went into limp mod for about a min it would go away and run good for about another 2min. these r the mods i did: ski worx stinger mod purchased used was told to tee it in at the main line could be a problem atleast i think, next ski work triple pisser mod now i know that if the id. of the barb is not correct this may happen but since i purchased it straight from steve most likely not the case and i also did a 14/24 prop. not sure why my ski keeps going into limp mod for temp. maybe this weekend ill try putting in the stock 90* fittings see if that helps or if someone can tell me if my tee for the stinger mod is in the wrong place that will help to. thanks guys

Does the stinger fitting have a restrictor in it? The overheat comming on means you have a lack of flow through the exhaust chamber section. If the stinger fitting isnt restricted then it could be taking away too much water.

i thought the point of the jetworks valves was to control the flow of water to the exhaust allowing the exhaust to get water after 3500 rpms. i didnt see a restrictor in the line or in the barb could be possible i have the valves adjusted to tight????? i also noticed that the water coming out of the 3 pissers is pretty hot usually you can hold your hand under then now i wouldnt try that for more then 30 sec. can anyone atleast tell me if im t'd in to the correct line? its the main line that runs by the water box along the side of the motor the heads are on.

so heres where i stand with my temp light issue, ive put the stock 90* barbs back inthe heads except the front one cuz the fitting is to small for a 3/8 hose. the jetworks valve has been loosened up to just about the o-ring its 1 turn in past the o-ring. now i was rode for about 25 min pretty hard and it seemed good, then i tried to do alil cruising and bam limp mod temp light. i called skiworx about 4 times this week and get the answering machine everytime, think its time for a secretary guys!!! lol i have some pic of where i have the t installed and how the valve is installed mayeb you guys can take a look lmk what u think. thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stinger 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	205153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stinger 2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	205152

ok does anyone have the directions for the stinger mod, if so could pm them to me.

I am getting the same problem on an ultra 150, when you touch the exhaust it is hot, I decided to take home and flush it to get a better look, all 3 pissers above the pump have nice flow and flush for 10min and touch exhaust nice and cool and no temp light, is anything else I can check?

I would check your pump and the lines feeding from it to see if anything is blocking it or restricting it.

+1
    mrgc, does your 'Ski have the Stinger Mod? If so, have you set the valve to open at 3000 RPM?

No it doesn't have a stinger mod.

Thread Information