4" Air kit question

I was wondering about my air kit. I installeda 4" kit I bought from someone on this site and I was wondering what to do with the hose that vents the engine. It is still stuck in the stock airbox that I left, but othing is sucking in the engine fumes. They are just venting into the airbox

You will have to purchase a catch can from Riva or from Jerry here on the online store. Good luck !

you can either buy or build a catch can... do a search there is a how to thread on making your own using standard PVC components. my homemade one works great.

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    I was wondering about my air kit. I installeda 4" kit I bought from someone on this site and I was wondering what to do with the hose that vents the engine. It is still stuck in the stock airbox that I left, but othing is sucking in the engine fumes. They are just venting into the airbox
    Leave it alone. If you notice some oil collecting under the end of the oem peice that you left in place...then do the catch can. i've had mine in it's original place without making a mess for over a year. You aren't gonna be pushing up the boost any....till you do...your blow-by should be negligable.

Thanks guys I think I will build a catch can then. It doesnt take much I built one for my snowmobile I just made a down piee and put a plastic ball vavle on it. In the ski I would imagine I just have to empty it into something and dump it outside. I need to do something anyway because it just isnt fast enough I didnt gain anything from the mods. I need to bend my prop I guess I only gained .5MPH so it looks like x charger and 42's coming soon. then maybe a x intercooler next year I think I have to add a RRFPR if I do the x intercooler

You do all the freebies yet?...get a gps?....any changes in rpm?

Yes GPS'd 64.5 stock 65 after mods. It seems faster mid range and out of the hole, just no real gain and I did 4" air kit, 2* pump wedge, Riva intake grate, filled in the bolt holes, smoothed out grate to ride plate edges, reverse bucket mod... I am trying to buy a prop and a tool so I can bend a prop and mess with it a bit I am turning 8120 - 8180 depending on fuel load and weather, I think that may be whats hurting my top speed. I guess I just expected to be bouncing off the rev limiter hard when I was at 8080 - 8120 stock

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Yes GPS'd 64.5 stock 65 after mods. It seems faster mid range and out of the hole, just no real gain and I did 4" air kit, 2* pump wedge, Riva intake grate, filled in the bolt holes, smoothed out grate to ride plate edges, reverse bucket mod... I am trying to buy a prop and a tool so I can bend a prop and mess with it a bit I am turning 8120 - 8180 depending on fuel load and weather, I think that may be whats hurting my top speed. I guess I just expected to be bouncing off the rev limiter hard when I was at 8080 - 8120 stock
    Hi Ron,

What Injectors, Impeller and Venturi Nozzle you running? Do you install the Catch Can and External IC? Did you install the Intake Grate flush with the Hull and Rideplate and did you install the RE's Block Offs. I'm just trying to help you in your quest to more speed.

No catch can yet I will make one this weekend, No external IC yet stock injectors stock SC Yes the intake grate is flush and I even used the Ultra black to smooth in the cracks between them. No BOs yet I am getting them from a guy on here. I think its in my prop I am trying to get one and a tool so I can bend it and test from there.

Thread Information