+1

Getting the correct oil level

I recently had my 06 rxp serviced at dealer for supercharger slipping under warranty and had the oil changed as well. now its over full! Its about 5/8" over the top bend on the stick . I'm pretty sure I checked it correctly. I ran it around in the water a little while,then idled a minute or so then turned off. I waited 30 seconds and checked. I did this a couple times just to verify. Also, I could only pull about 7900-8050 rpms. I ordered the oil extractor from the online store as the dealer is like a 1 1/2 hour drive from me. So my question is, if it 5/8" over the top bend on the dipstick, about how much oil should i pull out to start, to correct it? thanks for any help in advance.

+1
    I've read that before. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much 5/8" over on the stick equals to how much to suck out with the pump?

Banned User
    +1
    how about.... a tiny bit at first.... check again, if still full.... run it for another minute and a tiny bit more if still needed. no one can give you an exact answer as im sure NO ONE has ever purposely overfilled the oil and checked the dipstick according to how much more they overfilled on purpose...

+1
    A proper oil change with filter is 3.3 qts. So I'd guess about 0.5 qts........

You learned a valuable lesson like I did....... do your own oil changes... saves money and you know it's done correctly!

Order the filters and o-ring from online store and keep spares. Been using Amsoil WCF 10-40 for many years.

Fluid extractor is a MUST have shop item - awesome!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by warsawspeedfreak View Post
    I recently had my 06 rxp serviced at dealer for supercharger slipping under warranty and had the oil changed as well. now its over full! Its about 5/8" over the top bend on the stick . I'm pretty sure I checked it correctly. I ran it around in the water a little while,then idled a minute or so then turned off. I waited 30 seconds and checked. I did this a couple times just to verify. Also, I could only pull about 7900-8050 rpms. I ordered the oil extractor from the online store as the dealer is like a 1 1/2 hour drive from me. So my question is, if it 5/8" over the top bend on the dipstick, about how much oil should i pull out to start, to correct it? thanks for any help in advance.
    Take the oil extractor hose and measure from the top of the dipstick down to the first bend or a little below. Install the oil extractor hose that far and pull oil out. Recheck oil level or go ride and recheck. Once I have the oil level were I want it, I recheck the dipstick oil level while its cold in my driveway. Note the level on the dipstick and then I just check my oil in the driveway after that.

+1
    Thank you very much for the last two logical answers. thats exactly what I was looking for. I did not purposely overfill it...the dealer did!

Thread Information