+1

How durable is the Powershot?

My powershot died yesterday after re-installing the ground wire on the battery. I was hopping it would power up in 4 seconds but 5 minutes later it was still not flashing as normal. The crazy thing is my AFR leanned out when the dead powershot was connected but when it was removed it returned to a safe AFR. Good thing it didnt die when I was running WOT.
    How many people have had to replace there Powershot?

+1
    So it leaned out when the dead powershot was connected but was not too lean once it was disconnected? Can you tell us the actual A/F values with and without the PS? Also, what are your mods?

The powershot it's self IS NOT WATERPROOF. I have heard of quite a few crapping out. Where you mount the unit is critical. Call R&D and talk to Glen about your broken unit. He will tell what they can do if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    My powershot died yesterday after re-installing the ground wire on the battery. I was hopping it would power up in 4 seconds but 5 minutes later it was still not flashing as normal. The crazy thing is my AFR leanned out when the dead powershot was connected but when it was removed it returned to a safe AFR. Good thing it didnt die when I was running WOT.
    How many people have had to replace there Powershot?
    i bought a powershot from R&D end up they replaced 2 for me,1st set went dead during the 2nd trip.2nd set went dead on the 1st trip,now i m having the 3rd set but i still havent try it yet..dun knw how it will go...as im from singapore the shipping cost for sending it back realli cost me too much

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    i have a powershot for sale on ebay right now

+1
    I'm with hitman--keep them dry. I have had mine for about a year now and have never had a problem.

However, most that post will post with prob's.

Hitman--what Mod did you piss-off??? Your avatars haven't been the same since MB...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Hitman--what Mod did you piss-off??? Your avatars haven't been the same since MB...
    lol...

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    I'm with hitman--keep them dry. I have had mine for about a year now and have never had a problem.

No wonder hitman's SHO is flying, there's no weight on the Ski to slow it down!!! My big ass probably has 100lbs extra, no wonder I keep buying parts to go faster!

+1

I think it may be the Hulk himself. lolz. Not sure I met too many other mods. All in good fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    lol...
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    No wonder hitman's SHO is flying, there's no weight on the Ski to slow it down!!! My big ass probably has 100lbs extra, no wonder I keep buying parts to go faster!
    Come on now! I'm at least 185 soaking wet! My shit is slow. I know of another SHO like mine, still on stock boost, extremely similar mods going 79. Guess I need to spend more money now too!

+1
    My powershot never got wet, in fact it was working fine but when I disconnected the ground wire for 15 minutes then reconnected it was dead...

I am running a Riva Stage 3 minus the ECU, (Powershot & R2) with the regulator set to rising rate and the base pressure at 65psi. My AFRS were 11.3 with the Red Zone of the Powershot flashing on 3. Our temps range between 80-90 most of the year and I have some fellow SHOs running R2/ C3s without the powershot. I am hoping the regulator with my settings will keep AFRS below 12 without the PS. Gonna test on Sat.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Come on now! I'm at least 185 soaking wet! My shit is slow. I know of another SHO like mine, still on stock boost, extremely similar mods going 79. Guess I need to spend more money now too!
    Yeah I don't need to be soaking wet to tip 270 plus! lol. If your shit is slow, mine is a tug boat! Hopefully all these parts in my garage should help matters! 79 on stock boost, that's kickass. We will see what I can get out of my SHO with almost every mod and the Stock SC wheel. I should be able to test next weekend as I'm still waiting on my new Skat prop. DF is sold!

Thread Information