1995 650 STD Bogging Down

My Polaris was having the issue where it would hesitate when accelerating. Popping the choke would cause it to go, and it would go very fast. I read that this was a lean condition and that a triple pump would help. Recently I installed the triple and took it out to the lake.
    From the very start the unit would not go very fast, although it would idle great. It also did not hesitate like before, and popping the choke would cause it to stall. Upon going into WOT it would simply accelerate slowly but top off at about half-speed, like it had a governor or was in limp mode. I have read here that my unit does not have a limp mode. Every once in a while it would accelerate higher but then would immediately settle back down to half-speed. I have checked the installation of the pump and hoses and it is done in the recommended fashion. The fuel lines are new as are the filters. The carb settings are all at the factory defaults like before the new pump. Should I put the old one back on and see if the problem goes away?

Any help and advice is appreciated

Squeaky.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

If the carburetors have not yet been cleaned internally, that must be done now.

Click below for more info you need to know

Hi K447,

Before I put in the new pump I took them out and cleaned them, and checked to see that they were all set to factory defaults, which is where they were before with the old pump.

Squeaky

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeakysneakers View Post
    Hi K447,

Before I put in the new pump I took them out and cleaned them, and checked to see that they were all set to factory defaults, which is where they were before with the old pump.

Squeaky
    Did you actually take them apart and clean the carbs internally?

Yes, right on down to the kidney shaped things. I am going to take them apart again tonight to make sure I did not miss anything, and also take apart my fuel selector as I have read that it can clog. I am going to check the entire fuel system from the tank to the carbs, and back out the return and check every component along the way. I'll post again if I find anything. Is it possible that the new fuel pump pressure could have loosened junk in the lines?

Squeaky

Thread Information