How to on cleaning the fuel system on Fuel Injected engines...? Pics

I need some tips on the correct way to go about cleaning the fuel system on fuel injected 2 strokes.

Im dealing with a 787RFI that ran when it was last parked (last year).I drained the gas, added a couple gals of fresh gas and tried to start..no good. Pulled the fuel line going into the injector rail, hardly any fuel pressure. I pulled the fuel pump to find the pickup filter falling apart, and about 1/2 gallon of grey goop all in the bottom of the tank. Needless to say I pulled the tank, cleaned it, got the crap off the fuel pickup and installed a new filter. Now my fuel pressure is great! But still no start.

Next step, clean the injectors..... I pulled them and they are rusted to hell, and im sure a bunch of pieces of the fuel filter and the grey crud has worked its way into them. How do I go about cleaning them out?? I sprayed both ends with carb cleaner, and I have them soaking in seafoam right now... can these come apart? Or are they junk? Any tips would be great! Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	204239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	204240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	204241  

Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    I need some tips on the correct way to go about cleaning the fuel system on fuel injected 2 strokes.

Im dealing with a 787RFI that ran when it was last parked (last year).I drained the gas, added a couple gals of fresh gas and tried to start..no good. Pulled the fuel line going into the injector rail, hardly any fuel pressure. I pulled the fuel pump to find the pickup filter falling apart, and about 1/2 gallon of grey goop all in the bottom of the tank. Needless to say I pulled the tank, cleaned it, got the crap off the fuel pickup and installed a new filter. Now my fuel pressure is great! But still no start.

Next step, clean the injectors..... I pulled them and they are rusted to hell, and im sure a bunch of pieces of the fuel filter and the grey crud has worked its way into them. How do I go about cleaning them out?? I sprayed both ends with carb cleaner, and I have them soaking in seafoam right now... can these come apart? Or are they junk? Any tips would be great! Thanks guys!

You may consider sending them out to be done. It can be fairly inexpensive and then you know they will be done properly. This place charges 19 bucks per injector and 10 to bench test if the injector can't be repaired. Anyway just one example of what is out there and these guys do advertise marine apps.

http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorfaq1.php4#are

Thank you for that info! I was def. going to send them out if I couldnt get it running. I found out that if you spray high pressure of carb cleaned through the bottom of the injector you can force it all the way though and out the top nozzle! I then cleared out all the carb cleaner with compressed air, followed by WD-40 to lube up all the internals... I put them back on and it fired right up and runs perfect now . That was easier than I thought it was going to be!! lol

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Sea Foam is the best fuel system cleaner out there. Get it at Advance Auto. Try it, I run it in all my vehicles.

im offering injector cleaning to forum members will be $60 for each set of injectors that includes shipping back to you this is link to my face book were i have some pics of injectors being cleaned
    https://www.facebook.com/Twohawks-je...homepage_panel

Thread Information