Thread: Salt!

Purchased a RXT-X 260 about a month ago, its used on coastal waters in the UK and after a days running the front of the engine is heavily encrusted in dried salt - is this normal?? I'm concerned about longevity / corrosion etc. I've also owned a GTX & RXP and never seen this.

Thanks in advance

Miami, FL
    If you ride it hard enough and get some salt water to splash in your engine compartment this will happen. It usually comes off with most anti-corrosive sprays will take it off and protect your engine like XPS and many others. I am sure you should be familiar with this since you owned previous 4 tecs before, unless you never sprayed your engines down after riding.

Close to the Caribbean
    Hot engine + salt water = salt due to evaporation of the water. It happens on the back part of the fzr engines due to water coming in through the seats.

Thats the point - rode my RXP hard! - never seen salt on the front of the engine. After use always freshwater wash the ski's inside and out, dry and then oil. This new RXT-X's front of the engine is white with salt residue - its everywhere!

Hampton Va.
    i use salt away after every run i do which is 99.3% in salt water ---there are some other products similar to salt away at bass pro shop and west marine --- they all do the job

Tampa Fl
    The same thing happens to mine after i ride in the salt.. I just spray it down with that xps spray and every once in awhile i will wipe it down
    and clean it with a spray bottle to.. But this is what makes me nervous about putting an air intake on it that isnt enclosed :/.. Should i be worried??

Thread Information