Rule 500 GPH Bilge Pump install

I have this Riva Deluxe kit that is sold on Jerrys store that I wan't to install while my engine is torn down, but I don't have any instructions for it. Is there like a PDF anywhere online that has the wiring instructions? I searched here and found a how-to, but it was a different bilge pump that had different wiring. I just have a black line, and a brown line coming from the bilge pump, and then a big black on/off switch. It also came with epoxy and little light blue things that look like the wires go into, and two of them have metal circles on the end. Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find much on installation instructions

+1
    Basically the black wire has to go to the negative (-) point on the battery and the brown will go to the positive (+) on the battery. Now it sounds like you just have an on/off switch (no float), so needs to go in between one of the pump leads and the battery. I would suggest that you put the switch on the negative (black) lead of the pump. So you will have the brown lead going directly to the positive (+) on the battery. The black wire will have to go to one side of the switch and then from the other side of the switch to the negative (-) on the battery. The little blue barrels are "crimps". You would strip the wire (about 1/4 inch) stick it in the end and use a crimp tool to crimp it. After I crimp both ends, I always fill them with silicone so that no water can get it and corrode the wires. The two metal circles would be added to the battery where the main leads are. Just remove the screws, add these and retighten (do this last after everything else is wired). I guess depending upon where you mount the switch you may need to run longer wires if the ones supplied are not long enough. Hope that helps?

that makes so much more sense now, thank you so much. I guess now that I read it its kind of obvious haha. Do people tend to just make their own brackets to mount the bilge on?

+1
    Well as it turns out one of the old Wave Ventures I bought has one in it (with the float switch). On this unit the bracket was included with the pump, as it is some molded plastic piece that the pump snaps into. I think it was just siliconed to the hull. I don't have it connected.

What baffles me is why you would even need one? I have less water in the hull after riding than when I try to rinse out the inside with the hose. The stock bilge seems to work just fine. The only reason that I can think of for needing on would be if you left it in the water and it had a slow leak. Then it wold kick in every once and awhile to empty it out.

well...I won it 2 Christmases ago on GH during a Christmas givaway trivia type game, and its just been sitting in my garage since then so I figured while I have my engine torn down I mine as well finally just put it in if I have it...just some extra security

Am I supposed to make a bracket to mount the bilge in? Or do people just use some type of glue and stick it somewhere in the ski? Where is the best place to mount these and put the tubes?

Thread Information