Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Water in nose cone? And a chipped pump vain

I am posting because I am not sure if this is normal or not. My dad and I got the nose cone off, but found water inside it. From some other pics I saw on here, it doesn't look right Here is a picture

And then I also found a pretty good size chip on the prop side of the pump vain (pretty sure thats the correct term?) There is also a smaller chip in another one, the others are fine. Am I loosing a lot of performance from this like I would a chip in the prop? Or should I not be too worried about it. Here is a pic of the big chip.

that pump stator is shot. might as well start off with a fresh unit... maybe look for something used here... you`d have to replace the seals and check the bearings in this one anyways...

there should be a few small hubs pumps here laying around, or upgrade to the HO pump

ugh...its just one thing after another with this machine, how much am I looking at spending? Is this a MUST DO or can I get by until winter.

this is a must do. water in bearings = no good... unless this just happened and you just caught it... But the broken stator...

check with Ritchie (WFO) to see what he has in the shop...

Here is a pic of it all cleaned up...also is that the bolt I am taking off to get the prop off?

no... the prop spins off the shaft, reverse threads... that`s not all cleaned up... bearings need to be washed out correctly, and you need to inspect the seal under the prop... most likely where the water is coming in...

also get rid of the grease, and search the forum for the grease/oil mixture and use that...

you need a drive shaft holding tool and a prop removal tool to disassemble that pump...

ok so what do I do to properly clean that out?

also, would the shaft tool and prop removal tool have come with with the prop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Here is a pic of it all cleaned up...also is that the bolt I am taking off to get the prop off?
    NO...you need a Solas tool that fits into the top of the prop and a splined tool to hold the shaft in a vise.

-how much water was in the cone cause that doesnt look like a wash-out.

I would think the installation tool came with the prop, but you buy the drive shaft holding tool separately. Look in the online store or ask on the forum.
    Brakkleen ... you need to find what caused the water intrusion.

could have come in thru the tail cone o ring. hard to see if the grease is all contaminated...
    and there is a good chuink taken out of the stator... if it were me, I`d be disassembling that pump...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information