Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2000 GP1200R Water Floods Hull in 5 min when engine is running

water floods the hull fast when the engine is running under the battery tray. takes around 5 min for the filter to start sucking water. No leak when engine is off, water starts rising fast. I dont see any water squirting out. seems like it around the pump tunnel. TIA

+1
    Have you done anything at all to your boat since this started? It may be significant.

i filled the hull with water and looked for a leak. but there wasnt leak. it only leaks water when engine is running and its coming from the back below battery tray.

is the hose surrounding the driveshaft split? is the exhaust hoses and water tank intact? are the inserts for the shoe or grate solid?

I have to go back to the lake after it dries out. because i couldnt get all the water out of the back there was 1 inch of water left in the back i couldnt get out. I will report back with where the water is coming in when the engine is running. THanks guys

+1
    There is one other place that was not mentioned that could cause this. The stock siphon system sometimes leaks through the rubber check valve. The siphon pick up is at the bottom of the hull directly in front of and below the battery tray. It is almost directly below the coupler between the motor and pump.

Trace the line back up to the check valve located at the top of inside of the hull close to where your right azz cheek would be if you were sitting down. The rubber check valve is inside a black plastic housing strapped to the side of the hull. Twist the housing apart to look inside to make sure that it is not convoluted or turned inside out. This hose is tied directly to the pump, and if the check valve is turned inside out, then water is being pumped directly into your hull, and it won't take to long to fill it.

+1
    Likely culprit is the exhaust hose connecting the stinger to the waterbox. If that's not secure or has a leak, it can dump massive amounts of water in the hull very quickly. Remove the battery tray and inspect everything in the rear of the hull.

thanks for all the good advice, it might have well be exhaust because the water was steaming when i drained the water out of hull. can i run the ski on a hose to check for leak? or is it better if i run in on the trailer on lake. Also is the rubber coupler that goes right in front of the battery box suppsoe to expand like a ballooon? i dont recall its suppose to do that unless u dont have water running through it

If you run the ski on the hose on the trailer, and it still fills with water, you will know it's engine/exhaust related. If it only leaks when on the lake, then it could be engine/hull related. At least it narrows your search field down a little. Only problem with the hose is you won't get as much water through the exhaust as you would running in water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeetur View Post
    thanks for all the good advice, it might have well be exhaust because the water was steaming when i drained the water out of hull. can i run the ski on a hose to check for leak? or is it better if i run in on the trailer on lake. Also is the rubber coupler that goes right in front of the battery box suppsoe to expand like a ballooon? i dont recall its suppose to do that unless u dont have water running through it
    sounds exhaust related.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information