Thread: What year RXP

What year RXP

I have been out of the PWC loop for about the last 12 years. I just bought a 2010 STX 15f for a family boat and love it. I am now looking for something faster for me. I see that quite a few dealers have 2008 models new left over. Was considering a 215 hp RXP and putting a stage 1 kit on it. Would the RXP X with a stage 1 be much fast and what is the big differance? I know it is 255 hp but what do they do to get it? From looking at the speed data chart I notice many people are running 2004 models. Did they run better? I don't have to be the fasted guy on the lake but would like to run in the 72 to 75 MPH range. Any advise and help would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for the best bang for my buck.

Thanks
    Charles

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The X model utilizes a bigger boost charger & an external IC for the extra ponies. Many opinions on what hull is better.... really depends on the mods added, riding preference & water conditions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    I have been out of the PWC loop for about the last 12 years. I just bought a 2010 STX 15f for a family boat and love it. I am now looking for something faster for me. I see that quite a few dealers have 2008 models new left over. Was considering a 215 hp RXP and putting a stage 1 kit on it. Would the RXP X with a stage 1 be much fast and what is the big differance? I know it is 255 hp but what do they do to get it?
    Ecu, external intercooler, injectors, supercharger.
    The hull water intake area On the X is larger, which results in better hook.
    From looking at the speed data chart I notice many people are running 2004 models. Did they run better?
    I havnt noticed that many 04's arround.
    You really dont see that many yellow or Green Ps IMO.
    I don't have to be the fasted guy on the lake but would like to run in the 72 to 75 MPH range. Any advise and help would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for the best bang for my buck.

Thanks
    Charles

As far as difference between P-X and P you really need to ride both.

Welcome to the forum!!

I generally ride on a fresh water lake here that gets pretty rough due to boat traffic on the weekends. If I were to get a good enough deal on an 08 215 hp would it be cost effective to upgrade the SC and IC or do problems come along with that. I like the looks of the RXP over the X also.

+1
    I generally ride on a fresh water lake here that gets pretty rough due to boat traffic on the weekends. If I were to get a good enough deal on an 08 215 hp would it be cost effective to upgrade the SC and IC or do problems come along with that. I like the looks of the RXP over the X also.
    Sounds like you made your mind up. Grab you an Xcharger and some 42's from the forum and then go from there..

Banned User
    +1
    all those little mods add up reaaaal fast hahaha and they wont stop there i promise

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    all those little mods add up reaaaal fast hahaha and they wont stop there i promise
    +1

+1
    I generally ride on a fresh water lake here that gets pretty rough due to boat traffic on the weekends.
    The RXT is better in the chop!

I like the looks of the RXP over the X also.
    +1

Get the 08 RXP and start moddin'.

+1
    Buy a PX and put a R&D grate on it and you will be going 72-73 no problem. By the time you put the a X SCer, Ext I/C, maybe X steering assy. on a RXP you could have bought the PX. The PX will out holeshot a P, handle better IMO, faster to a point. You should ride both and see for yourself. Ride the RXP first and than the PX.

Thread Information