+1

Looking at buying a 04rxp for a gprxp project advice needed asap!

so i have found a smokinggggg ($1600) deal on a 04 rxp 100 hrs on the clock located here by me in il.. it starts and runs but overheats, the hull is in fair condition looks well used and everything else appears to be ok.... what are some things i can look at to make sure its going to be ok for my project... im planning on buying a xmodel supercharger and a fizzle intercooler anyhow so im not concerned about those parts... it would be nice to know what the overheating issue is before i bought it though... i posted earlier in the seadoo side and got a response of checking the thermostat which is pretty obvious but where is it located on this machine and are there any other sensors to check out.... i think 1600$ is a fair price? its not a gem nor is it a total rat, i just dont want to get screwed... any info is appreciated im a motorcycle guy crossing over this will be my first jetski build... although im very mechanical and have alot of fabrication experience i am a total newb to all this jetski specific stuff.

thanks
    Glenn

Banned User
    count on rebuilding or at least freshning up the motor with new rings and stuff, do all the updates aswell. It sucks (as many on here can tell you) to get your conversion together and learn that the 100hrs that the guage stated was actually more, or its been to the bottom of a lake, or has has S?C washers through it and was just patched back together.. You are getting a good enough deal, spend the time and the money and you will have something reliable in the end.

+1
    bought the donor ski today compression tested it properly rear most cyl was 145 middle was 143 and front was 150 so i bought it... looks to be in nice shape actually... i dont think i could beat the 1500.00 price tag... the boat runs just says its overheating when the hottest we could get it was 179 degrees... temp sensor maybe?

Thread Information