Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cluster replacement??? aftermarket??

hey guys i was wondering where can i get a cluster or dash for a 2006 stx 15 f or is their any aftermarket company's that make them thanks guyss

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    no, there arent, you can put one together though, get individual gauges from autometer or similar and install them in the place where the old gauge went, that is what I am doing

Sean

+1
    Go on line to summit racing.com and see what they have to offer. Seems i have seen the fluid filled gauges for marine applications there or maybe Jegs. I am looking at the tiny tachs in overtons catalog that are for ski's.

can you give me more info about that? becuz i dont wanna spend 600 on a dash

My cluster was rattling after the last ocean ride. I pulled the dog house off to have a look and while the bracket was secure to the metal anchors the parent plastic surrounding one anchor was cracked, split and useless. The plastic is really cheap stuff so I JB welded around the anchor and rapped with thread. When the cluster was installed this time I use a silicone fillet around the inside mating surfaces of the dog house and the cluster and bracket. What a POS unit, I think it is made of dollar-store plastic-touch it with CA and it starts to melt!

I can see how these things fail once open to ambient conditions for corrosive results. Something tells me that you need the electronics which are part of and integrated into the cluster as it is both a controller and an indicator.

RT

+1
    Grey, I would doubt you would spend 600 on it. Overtons has a tiny tach for about 30 to 35 bucks. I would think you would want a oil psi guage and a hour meter. Just a ball park guess ??? somewhere between 80 to 100 at the most. Fab up a piece of sheet metal and some L brackets and seal it off, you could come out around 100 maybe 125 bucks at the most.

+1
    you want a tach ($60 tiny tach commercial) hour meter (tinytach also) Oil pressure and water temp, as well as a fuel level gauge

Sean

+1
    thanks Sean .. my mind went blank for a sec. I saw where Overtons was running a special deal on the tiny tachs for 35 plus shipping if under 100 bucks. they send me a catalog almost every month and never bought anything from them lol

ight thanks guys a really big help

+1
    Happy to help, you also need to remember that you need to get senders for the gauges

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information