Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Issue...03 GTX S/C P0353

Moved this from the general forum....no takers.

Ok got the water issue fixed and the hesitation is gone but still have an issue with it throwing a P0353 code. We rode steady for about an hour or so doing wot runs when the ski went into limp mode and through the code. Pulled the lanyard and started back up and took off. After going about 45-50 mph the check engine light and limp mode happened again, same code P0353. Pulled lanyard and restarted. Found out from previous owner that it did the same thing for them but they didnt have a code to go off of and they had the MPEM replaced. There seems to be a patern here. Happens after ski has ran for a while and at high speeds or revs. Possible causes besides bad coil? I checked the ohms from the #3 cylinder coil and it was in normal range. Should I just replace the plug and coil or is there a way make sure its not the ECU.

Anybody?

+1
    Possible cause:
    Damaged coil, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged ECM output pins.
    Service action:
    Check for 0.85 to 1.15 ohms between engine connector pin 3 and ECM connector pin A-29.
    Check for 12 volts on pin 2 of coil connector.

I ended up taking it in to the shop. They checked all the wiring, connectors and found that the code was stored in the unit not active. They cleared the memory and ran it. No codes given. They said if the problem continues then there's a intermittent short or bad coil in #3. No charge from the shop. I'm going to run the ski and swap coils to a different cyl if the code comes back. Annoying that the problem only comes up after a long ride and having fun then dead.

This is becoming a headache. So had it out all day. Ran great from the start. After engine had time to build up heat and been riding around for awhile, the code came back...P0353 and check engine, limp mode yada yada yada. So took the seats off, changed the coil to number 2 cylinder, made sure connections were tight. Had been about half hour. Took off and same thing after riding around for a bit, same code even with the #3 coil on #2. So the coil is fine I take it. Let it cool down, checked the plugs at the ECM on top the motor, no moisture that I could see, but no anti corrosive lube either. I'm thinking its the ECM or maybe just spraying dieelectric grease will do it. Any thoughts. The ski runs great otherwise and it clears after pulling the laynard.

HELP!!!

The System will only detect open circuit on the 12v side to throw an error code.

I would make sure you have the little red silicone seal in place, and the inside of the coil for corrosion or anything that doesnt look shiny. Likewise with the plug.

Coils do occasionally!! go open circuit when warmed, but rarely.

Any connector that gets hot/warm is best left without any form of grease or lube, as it can cause conductivity problems as they move around when warm.

Red silicone is in place. How do I get the clip off to check the connectors? If its detecting on the 12v side then what color wire is 12v on the connector?

+1
    You can try running it til it warms up and pops the code then do the diagnostic tests on it

How do you do the diagnostic tests....you mean the ohm values and connector pin volt readings and such. I'm not that savy at this yet, I do have a volt meter but figuring out what wires and pins is something I'm still trying to figure out.

Still nothing......What is going on with this damn thing!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information