How are these numbers for an RXT?

I took the 2007 RXT yesterday for several test runs. The mods are listed in my signature.
    I was seeing 69mph on the GPS at 8040 RPM with a brand new x charger. The water was calm but 89 degrees with an air temp of 92 degrees. Is the rev limiter at 8100 for my RXT? I am concerned that in cooler water with cooler water temps that I will hit the rev limiter and I do not want to damage my engine. Right now I am running the 14/17R, what is a good pitch for cooler temps and water?

+1
    its runnning good now leave it alone....In the cooler months you can use a smaller nozzle or add pitch.

I know you see people lose 300rpm's because of heat but I have never lost/gained more than 150 because of weather.

So is that about average speed for a rxt with a x charger? I was hoping to see over 70 when i do my x charger but im planning on adding 4in air, intake grate, fill ride plate holes, and a wedge will i be below 70 aswell? And how is the acceleration on it now a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray8188 View Post
    So is that about average speed for a rxt with a x charger? I was hoping to see over 70 when i do mine but im planning on adding 4in air, intake grate, fill ride plate holes, and a wedge will i be below 70 aswell?
    I've done all the mods you mentioned except that I am running the 3 inch air intake verses the 4 inch.
    I was disappointed when the gps showed a peak speed of 69. I was hoping for a tad bit over 70... oh well... I've sunk enough money into my ski for a long time...

I even did a run with the rear seat off to allow more airflow... same results...
    The acceleration and the sound became louder but nothing much more.

You can really feel the ski pull harder especially going 45 to WOT. You can also hear the supercharger whine more.

I think you should be a little faster.. I was doing some reading and neal 300zx has the following:2005 RXT - GPS 70.6 @ 8100 - Green Wheel, Riva Washers, 42# injectors, Riva Intake Grate, Solas 14/19R, Riva Catch Can, Riva OPAS blocks, Ride plate holes filled, Kanaflex 4" intake... And even tho he has a 4'' intake you have the x-charger which i thought was better. So if i was right about the x charger being better you should be faster.. Shouldn't you??

Salt water vs. fresh water will make a differance. Salt water will be more bouyent and yeild faster speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    Salt water vs. fresh water will make a differance. Salt water will be more bouyent and yeild faster speeds.
    I was in freshwater that was at 89 degrees and air temp in the mid 90s... that had to be affecting the performance

Y'all are killing me.

Let those sc's breath. Sticking your head out the window while breathing through a straw will not enable you to breath better than sitting in the car with the windows up...breathing through a straw.

Details....speed....it's in the details.

There's more this sht than just bolting on the latest go fast goodies and expecting optimal numbers. People have worked real hard getting the last few tenths outa their mods...before moving up. The reason?....what works...what don't...and why.

No offense.

Numbers seem ok to me. its a T, and the 4mph or so is pretty good, but acceleration is what you have now.

Ride plate holes, ....block 'em off.

Like the man says, there's more to it than just bolting 'em on. Proven many times.

Thread Information