to BOV or not to BOV that is the question?

Got my rear exit arrive this week for my 2005 rxp, hope to have that on at the weekend. Next part of the plan is maybe fitting a riva BOV. Are they any good? I know the priciple, I had a blitz piston type fitted to my impreza. Does the riva valve make a noise when it dumps?..... sorry just made myself chuckle!

I'm not going as far as fitting an external IC (well not planning yet..) just would like to hear peoples experiences with them, diaphram probs etc etc.

Also i have an R&D power intake kit, is there a silcone hose available to replace the accordian pipe between that and the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by jetmanjay View Post
    Got my rear exit arrive this week for my 2005 rxp, hope to have that on at the weekend. Next part of the plan is maybe fitting a riva BOV. Are they any good? I know the priciple, I had a blitz piston type fitted to my impreza. Does the riva valve make a noise when it dumps?..... sorry just made myself chuckle!

I'm not going as far as fitting an external IC (well not planning yet..) just would like to hear peoples experiences with them, diaphram probs etc etc.

Also i have an R&D power intake kit, is there a silcone hose available to replace the accordian pipe between that and the charger?

........... That's what we all say at first. I have a Tial and love it because it's loud when it dumps.... .... A few of my buddies have decided to do the same and go bigger after hearing my ski on the water.... the RXP that is.

yeah man i have the riva hks BOV and it work man the sound it make is real nice , and yes riva air intake is made out of some silicone or plastic that real nice and it work good i hate that accordian ...

i was told by a sea doo mechanic that a bov isnt the best thing because its good for the charger to keep the excess air inside. I forget the exact reason why but im sure someone can elaberate

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    i was told by a sea doo mechanic that a bov isnt the best thing because its good for the charger to keep the excess air inside. I forget the exact reason why but im sure someone can elaberate
    Don't let him work on your ski!

+1
    hahahah +1 +1

I just got mine in today... best insurance i can get for my SC... and I know that if I ever want to get an intercooler there is someone else that will buy my BOV

Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post

Actually its the opposite.........

lol cheers guys, I think its a must purchase!

As for the purchase of an external IC, I think that one will have to wait a couple of seasons as bank account and credit card is still recovering from the shafting they got in the first month of purchasing the ski! Its ok for all you guys in the land of the free, unfortunately I live in rip off Britain where the government over here rapes the average working man for everything he has! So an intercooler over here costs £1500 which is approx $2270!!! or a BOV is equal to over $300!! I would buy from the states but the price of p & p, delivery time and of course TAX! makes it about the same!

I see there are 2 types of BOV available what is the difference apart for the price for the shiney shiney one?!

Thread Information