Question about prop pitch.

Hey everyone, I am trying to an idea on a correct prop pitch for a stock ECU'd RXT-X.
    It will have a 4" air intake, Riva Pro supercharger upgrade. I will be running a Solas 15/22R prop. I also have a Riva intake grate installed if that makes a difference.
    Conditions are 80's for air temp, high 60's for water temp with lower humidity on average.

Thanks for any help! -Mat-

My RXT-X is set up much like yours with the Riva grate being the exception, I run the R&D Aquavein and sometimes a modified stocker. The best results for my conditions and style of riding were to add 2.5mm to the trailing edge of the 15/22R. The RPM's are consistently 8000-8040 in 95 deg. weather and 80 deg. water temp. The holeshot is good, mid range is strong and top end is acceptable (72 mph). I rarely run in flat water, preferring to search out rough wind blown choppy conditions. If it matters I will be sending my 15/22r to Speedfreeksracing.com for the pitching, truing and setback mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1300R View Post
    Hey everyone, I am trying to an idea on a correct prop pitch for a stock ECU'd RXT-X.
    It will have a 4" air intake, Riva Pro supercharger upgrade. I will be running a Solas 15/22R prop. I also have a Riva intake grate installed if that makes a difference.
    Conditions are 80's for air temp, high 60's for water temp with lower humidity on average.

Thanks for any help! -Mat-
    I had an 08 T-X and ran a new 15/22r for a while. Sent it to Eric at SpeedFreeks, re-pitched to 12.5/21 with his setback mod. Tell Eric what you want , ie. hole shot + acceleration, top speed, combo of both etc. I wanted great acceleration, hole shot and compromise on top speed. It is perfect - it ran 72 all day long and topped out at 73.5 on my 08 T-X.

See the end of my thread 2010 RXT-X 260 Pics and comments, I just re-installed this impeller and tested it today.

Is Erik around>??? I heard he was MIA. If he is around I may just bring the whole ski to him. I would like to get everything in and some what close before that though.

Thread Information