Thread: Injuries

Injuries

Right,alot of us on here work in workshops and are also in to motorsport and will be victim of some kinda injury at some point.... or some of us will probably be just plain stupid,like me!
    So to make abit of interesting reading,i'll start...i am currently sat on my ass for the best part of about 6-8 weeks,maybe longer,with a snapped heel bone in the right foot so my summer is wasted and can no longer walk and skiing is out of the question!!!..I'm not Happy!!!Funny thing is,i did this trying to break firewood over a step,and yes,i know i should've used an axe!
    I was unfortunate enough to suffer chickenpox for 2weeks prior to this aswell....so lets see who else has been unlucky!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00300.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	204408  

+1
    Hope you heal up quick. You had the chicken pox as an adult?
    That sucks. I had the chicken pox but I was only 8

+1
    when i was about 14-15 i was down hill skiing launched off a 15 foot ramp that i was avoiding all day becasue it did not look safe..to this day i dont remeber why i decided to lauch off of it.. one of the skis ended up smacking me in the head and i broke my back.. crushed my l4.. then when i was 16 i was in the 800 meter dash.. this kid that i always beat started to pass me in the last 150.. so i pushed as hard as i could tothe finish.. snapped the grouth plate off my hip and went down (i beat the kid). and then last year at 19-20 i was slalom skiing.. cut out hard a roagewave came out of no where.. went in the air and smashed into the water hitting my ski..i fractured my rib..lol all stupid stuff.. i also fractured part of my arm being a dumb ass on my atv on the ice and ran into a couch.. yes a couch.. we where pulling it around with another quad and using it as a sled.. but i decided i wanted to part my atv on it..and well thats how idid that lol... every one does stupid sh!t lol its all good

hope you heal fast!

Yeah,i had chickenpox as an adult and it's pretty awful! It was two weeks before this,i was due back at work on the monday but did this the saturday night.I thought there would have been more unlucky guys out there??

I have more but I'm sure you all get the idea

Also, don't mind the dumb look on my face, lots and lots of morphine does that to you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
    Right,alot of us on here work in workshops and are also in to motorsport and will be victim of some kinda injury at some point.... or some of us will probably be just plain stupid,like me!
    So to make abit of interesting reading,i'll start...i am currently sat on my ass for the best part of about 6-8 weeks,maybe longer,with a snapped heel bone in the right foot so my summer is wasted and can no longer walk and skiing is out of the question!!!..I'm not Happy!!!Funny thing is,i did this trying to break firewood over a step,and yes,i know i should've used an axe!
    I was unfortunate enough to suffer chickenpox for 2weeks prior to this aswell....so lets see who else has been unlucky!
    I feel your pain Gaz!! I was suffering from Bronchitis when this happened (Tib/Fib break) but apparently from all the antibiotics it cleaned me out.

Crutches just plain suck. You would think with all the modern inventions we would have something better then a few centuries old. Currently screwing furniture wheel pad to bar stool so I can get something done in the shop. Needs a brake tho.

Bags and backpacks help move things around but try filling up that coffee cup and making it back to the sofa!! Burned leg, fingers and dog. No way can this last 8 weeks. Daytime TV just blows!! Soliciters can't f#cking read two signs and a paper taped to the front door that says go away. Need SHOdude to make me a sign that goes in the yard about criminally insain/shoots randomly or something. The joys of taking a nice pee while standing are long gone, more lead time goes into this or you piss yourself.

This sucks!!

Can't you put a trash bag over your cast and ride anyway? What do the doctors know about havin fun..... If you screw it up again they will fix you and tell you not to do it again. Go have some fun man..lol lol

Thread Information