Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    2008 Ultra 250X Question

    Kawi Owners - Does the stock speedometer ever read over 70 mph? I want to install a few modifications to my stock Jetski and I was wondering if the stock speedometer will only read up to 70 MPH or will it read more then this?

    Can someone out there please answer this questions for me?
    Last edited by binderca; 07-08-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Spelling error


  2. #2
    My buddy has one and it will read 72 from time to time. I know it is nowhere near correct because it is a bone stock 08 250x.

  3. #3
    Dean DW250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    328
    70 is it. Not going to read anything over that.

  4. #4
    Thanks - Just when ever I ride my ski - It Never seems to read past 70 mph. I've heard that the stock ski will do about 70-72 miles per hour. I use Octane Booster plus 91 Octane Gas on flat waters. I'm going to add a ride plate and intake plate with a 1 degree wedge plus performance sponsors, but it's going to be hard to determine the increase in speed when it will not read more than 70 mph. I'm hearing some guy's on the forum saying it will never go past 70 mph.

    That's depressing.........


  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    must be a one of a kind as they only read to 70

    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    My buddy has one and it will read 72 from time to time. I know it is nowhere near correct because it is a bone stock 08 250x.

  6. #6
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    spend the money and buy a GPS if you want to know how fast your going....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by binderca View Post
    I'm hearing some guy's on the forum saying it will never go past 70 mph.

    That's depressing.........
    Why is that depressing? Just because it won't read over 70 does't mean the ski won't go over 70. The stock speedos are highly inaccurate anyway...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by binderca View Post
    Thanks - Just when ever I ride my ski - It Never seems to read past 70 mph. I've heard that the stock ski will do about 70-72 miles per hour. I use Octane Booster plus 91 Octane Gas on flat waters. I'm going to add a ride plate and intake plate with a 1 degree wedge plus performance sponsors, but it's going to be hard to determine the increase in speed when it will not read more than 70 mph. I'm hearing some guy's on the forum saying it will never go past 70 mph.

    That's depressing.........

    You will be more depress when you see the numbers in a gps and find out that in a stock form it will not go over 65, a stock ultra 250x will do about 63 to 65 tops...my friends reads 70 all the time and it only runs 63 on gps in a good day with no gas and the wind in his favor it runs 65...

  9. #9
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarrr View Post
    You will be more depress when you see the numbers in a gps and find out that in a stock form it will not go over 65, a stock ultra 250x will do about 63 to 65 tops...my friends reads 70 all the time and it only runs 63 on gps in a good day with no gas and the wind in his favor it runs 65...
    It is not unusual for a stock 250X to run 67. Mine would run that speed all the time when it was stock.
    What did your Honda run when it was stock?
    I'd say about the same or less than a stock 250X.
    Does that make you feel "depress"
    P.S.
    Tell you friend to check his ski. If it's only doing 63,
    something is wrong. If my 250X only ran 63,
    I'd also be "depress"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarrr View Post
    You will be more depress when you see the numbers in a gps and find out that in a stock form it will not go over 65, a stock ultra 250x will do about 63 to 65 tops...my friends reads 70 all the time and it only runs 63 on gps in a good day with no gas and the wind in his favor it runs 65...
    Your friend got a slow one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Ultra 250x - Solenoid / Starter Relay Question
    By TNFama in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 03:01 PM
  2. 2008 Ultra 250X engine pics
    By earthshaker in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
  3. 2008 Ultra 250X
    By Ultra 250X in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM
  4. Kit, Bypass Valves, KAW Ultra 250X QUESTION
    By Socaloffshore in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
  5. couple quick Ultra 250x questions
    By cue03 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •