+1

Places to visit with PWC

Looking for great vacation areas to ride at.. I am in MO and want to travel out of state..

+1
    SOLA! (South Louisiana) - big water, little water, straight stuff, twisty stuff, sand bars & drinking bars, live music & food right on the bayou; we've got it all! Miles & miles of trails, too - and I can show you all of 'em...

Lake Mead. Seeing Hoover Dam from the lake side is awesome!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    SOLA! (South Louisiana) - big water, little water, straight stuff, twisty stuff, sand bars & drinking bars, live music & food right on the bayou; we've got it all! Miles & miles of trails, too - and I can show you all of 'em...
    where at there... town name or somethin... I am trying to plan myself a getaway for vacation and want to take my ski with...

+1
    ya I really want to visit Lake Mead,, but thats a long haul from were i am...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    where at there... town name or somethin... I am trying to plan myself a getaway for vacation and want to take my ski with...
    Alex, you can consider staying in Morgan City, LA, which is where 95% of the GHers just stayed for MudBugs. Your are familiar w/the MB Rally? You should check out the posts/threads from the folks that just left a month ago...

If you're looking for something more than just PWCing, then you might want to consider NOLA (New Orleans, LA). If you've never been to NOLA, you might want to check it out before you leave.

Maybe if you tell me more about your trip I can give you some more detailed info. (Single/wife & kids/gf, or buddy, how many days/nights, other interests...) But, as far as riding goes, I can put you on over 200 miles of trails to ride, and you'll never see the same water twice

I might have to ride on down the road and see about this one weekend.

+1
    ya well id like to be there three days.. and im single guy that may have a buddy with a ski too if he can get outta work..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    ya well id like to be there three days.. and im single guy that may have a buddy with a ski too if he can get outta work..

Alex, I copied this section right out of my PWC Tour thread for this past year's MB. This is approx. 250 miles worth of riding. If this is something you're interested in, I'd travel on Thursday and then ride Friday/Sat/Sun and ret. home on Monday. Just my 2 cents. Except for the Lake Maurepas Loop, all these rides are minutes from Morgan City... Let me know if you are interested.

Wednesday (06/09) LAKE MAUREPAS LOOP
    Launch: Canal Bank Club
    18489 Hwy 22
    Maurepas, LA 70449
    (225) 698-9074
    GE: 30°15'2.68"N by 90°46'23.96"W
    Departs: 1:PM
    Distance: 60 Miles
    Description: Although not in the general MB area, this is perhaps one of the best rides in SOLA, IMHO. We will run a man-made irrigation canal w/Home$, a natural river, a sandbar break in the lake and have a little twisty work near the end. Fuel available on the water, but only at the beginning and very end. We can also stop for a cold one on the water. Keep in mind, driving from the MCHI will take approx 1:15 in time. Or, better yet, if you're coming in early, plan to do this on your way down... We should finish up w/plenty of time for you to check into the MCHI before dark.

Thursday (06/10) SPILLWAY SPLASH-N-DASH
    Launch: Belle River Public Launch
    Departs: 2:PM
    Distance: 30 Miles
    Description: Welcome to the Wild Side: The Atchafalaya Spillway. Nothing but swamp, swamp & some more swamp. We'll navigate through the ICW, some oil field canals and lots of natural stuff. Plenty of straight-twisty-straight and maybe a lake w/a break. NO SERVICES OF ANY KIND ONCE YOU LEAVE THE RAMP!

Friday (06/11) MARSH MIX
    Launch: Amelia Ramp
    Departs: 11:AM
    Distance: 90 Miles minimum (Maybe over 100...)*
    Description: Once we clear the Amelia Industrial area you'll be greeted by the wide open vistas of the SOLA marsh. It's a min./max of 48/55 miles to the refueling marina. Plan on a minimum of another 40 miles coming back, but there will be another fueling station half-way home. This ride will leave fresh water, go into brackish - salt, and return to fresh. (You'll get an automatic flush) *This ride goes deep into SOLA; If the current oil spill in the GOM becomes a problem, an alternative ride is planned starting at the same time/location.

Saturday (06/12) LAKE VERRET LOOP
    Launch: Gros' Marina
    Departs: 3:PM
    Distance: 60/75 Miles Min./Max
    Description: I'm sure most of you guys are familiar w/this side, but we may have a surprise or two you're not familiar with. Get your fill of 'Bugs & Buds (not too many) at Gros' and get ready to ride. Distance is no problem as we can find fuel & cold brew every 25 or so miles.

+1

Talking

That sounds great. let me see about working it out and I ll let you know man

Thread Information