Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo 2 stroke oil

Can any 1 tell me what 2 stroke oil i should use in my 1998 seadoo gtx limited thanks

+1
    I highly recommend Amsoil interceptor. I've been using it for years. Try to stick with one brand if possible. Once I started using Interceptor it's all I've been using. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ait_qt_300pxh.jpg 
Views:	1614 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	204478  

BRP synthetic. With raves, you need the protection, The crank seals will love it too, for a long time & a good time.

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    look for full synthetic w/low ash...for rave valves and seals/gaskets....

amsoil and BRP are pretty good, but there are cheapers you could use if you dont wanna spend that money

I just switched from Sea Doo full synthetic to Klotz Skicraft and couldnt be happier. With the Sea Doo oil, when I was riding around at slow speed the smell of the mix would make me feel a little sick. Since I switched to Klotz Skicraft I no longer smoke like crazy and I dont have a sickening smell from the exhaust and best of all I think the product has higher specifications then the Sea Doo oil.

Klotz is a lousy name for oil. It just doesn't sound lubricating.

Quote Originally Posted by retro jet View Post
    Klotz is a lousy name for oil. It just doesn't sound lubricating.

Sounds like something that could cause a stroke.(Poor feller died frum a brain klotz) lmao! I run the interceptor myself. Have a warehouse local so I pick it up myself. Gallon jugs for under 30 bones.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    Sounds like something that could cause a stroke.(Poor feller died frum a brain klotz) lmao! I run the interceptor myself. Have a warehouse local so I pick it up myself. Gallon jugs for under 30 bones.
    I agree also on the poor name part, good thing I buy it for the specifications and not the name. But on the bright side with a name like Interceptor you should be able to take out a few jet pilots, LOL

I have talked to a few guys now that work on seadoos, and the general concensous is to use the seadoo mineral oil. for the main reason that most w1 2 3 oils clog the oil injectors and causes the 951s to blow up. but thats my 2 cents.

First off seadoo oil has no api rating on it,it is made by citgo for bombardier to their specs,as for the 951 any good top quality two stroke oil synthetic or blend works well as long as it is low ash,low deposit oil since it has no rotary valve and uses reeds as most modern two strokes .the rotary valve and shaft was the reason for needing seadoo oil with different characteristics than tcw3.the oil or best oil discussion will always be an ongoing argument.Regardless of brand if any oil meets the specs required by engine maker it will be fine.(I'm now ducking all the tomatoes thrown by the amsoil and royal purple guys.)However from what I have seen kawasaki rentals with 1200+ documented hrs on them,when torn down they had no lip in cylinder top where rings stooped before reaching top of cylinder(cylinder lip)ps these were run with walmart brand tcw3 at 9.00 a gallon!!!I dont recomend cheap oil but I saw these engines and rebuilt them myself.That is many times the hrs put on any personal ski.and they were kawasaki not seadoo but wear is wear!!and all of new two stroke oils are good>Marvin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information