Angry Fraud charges on my credit card today...

Logged into my Wells Fargo account today and saw three charges for $74 at three gas Stations in Brandon, FL and Land O Lakes, FL. Keep in mind I haven't been to FL since I was 3 years old visiting Disney World.

Called the bank and they canceled my card. Pissing me off. I wonder how they got my info.

+1
    Thx for the gas!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    Logged into my Wells Fargo account today and saw three charges for $74 at three gas Stations in Brandon, FL and Land O Lakes, FL. Keep in mind I haven't been to FL since I was 3 years old visiting Disney World.

Called the bank and they canceled my card. Pissing me off. I wonder how they got my info.
    This has happened to me 4 times so far and while it does suck, my bank was really good at working it all out.

+1
    I work at a bank and this is a really common occurence. What mostly happens is that there is a ring of these people that what they do is they buy the Credit card info for let's say 20 bucks(Guess) or something from like restaurant waiters and other gas stations and somehow replicate your card and commit the fraud. I have been to many seminars showing what these crooks do and all I can say is that it's crazy how easy it is for them to clone your card with the technology available nowadays.

Fraud is everywhere these days, from a letter that I received the other day telling me that if I didn't pay $200+Dollars my license would be suspended to the typical Nigerian scam which miraculously lets you know you had won a lottery of some sort that you never played but they want you to pay for the "Taxes" or "Fees" before they can clear the full funds to your account. I see it all the time and all we can do is just keep our eyes open and not fall into those things. Remember, if it's too good to be true...it typically is too good...

Thread Information