Water-flood sensor

I have a stock RXP 05 and a few weeks ago it was leaking water into the hull. I figured out where it was leaking from, and fixed it, but now I am trying to test for leaks while the jetski is on the trailer. So I put in the hull regular hose water (not too much, just about above the bilge pumps) , and I try to start my ski (after water has been out), it gives me a long beep. I keep the jetski about 30 minutes in the sun(Egypt), and it then starts normally. so my question is, Is there some sort of sensor in the hull that stops the engine from running *the long beep* when it senses water?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I don't know the answer to your question but that would be cool to have a sensor to warn you if water was rising in the hull.

Is there some sort of sensor in the hull that stops the engine from running *the long beep* when it senses water?
    That would suck if you were in the middle of the lake and you cant get your ski started because of water in the hull. Then you will have to let your ski sit and watch it sink while you have a long swim back to shore.

One time I found 4 inches of water in my hull because I always pull the seat off and check when I stop and take a break in the middle of the lake. I pulled both drain plugs off (because they are one way plugs anyway) I rode the ski back to the dock. It took me 10 minutes to get there but most of the water drained back out through the open plugs. It only happened one time to me so I never found out where the water came from.

+1
    I am not sure what would cause a long beep like that and it doesn't start. Very odd, did you check and see if you were getting any sensor codes? put key in and press set button 5 times.

by the way, what does a RXP cost in Egypt?

I thought one long beep was the sign that the lanyard wasn't attached properly?

http://www.talkingthermostats.com/water.shtml

the 29.95 one will work good.

Thread Information