Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    coldspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    438

    Should I go to 13/24 or 13/25?

    Got my Motec, full stage 1 mods, Engine/intercooler cooling kits fitted and ETSS boost wheel on my FZ .

    The ski GPS at 77.2. Its got a Skat 13/23 impeller but I am on the limiter easily (8500 rpm/13.4 psi boost) with the trim set neutral or clicked up on the grip, figures obtained from my Motec data file and you can easily tell when riding that the limiter is kicking in and slowing it up a little.
    I can only just stay off the limiter with the trim set down to load the pump up but want to be able to use the trim in neutral or 1 click up to keep the nose planted and more control, as its too loose with the trim down/nose up at these speeds/power.

    I don't want to lose the awesome acceleration by over proping but want to get close to 80 and to stay just off the limiter, couple of questions to those running similar setup/boost numbers,

    How many loss of RPM's on average does increasing the pitch up 1 degree cause?
    With these mods do you think the 13/25 will be over kill, or 13/24 be better for low end acceleration?
    The ski is going into my mechanic next week for the prop pitch adjustment so I can't decide on 13/24 or 13/25.

    Cheers for the info.


  2. #2
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    Got my Motec, full stage 1 mods, Engine/intercooler cooling kits fitted and ETSS boost wheel on my FZ .

    The ski GPS at 77.2. Its got a Skat 13/23 impeller but I am on the limiter easily (8500 rpm/13.4 psi boost) with the trim set neutral or clicked up on the grip, figures obtained from my Motec data file and you can easily tell when riding that the limiter is kicking in and slowing it up a little.
    I can only just stay off the limiter with the trim set down to load the pump up but want to be able to use the trim in neutral or 1 click up to keep the nose planted and more control, as its too loose with the trim down/nose up at these speeds/power.

    I don't want to lose the awesome acceleration by over proping but want to get close to 80 and to stay just off the limiter, couple of questions to those running similar setup/boost numbers,

    How many loss of RPM's on average does increasing the pitch up 1 degree cause?
    With these mods do you think the 13/25 will be over kill, or 13/24 be better for low end acceleration?
    The ski is going into my mechanic next week for the prop pitch adjustment so I can't decide on 13/24 or 13/25.

    Cheers for the info.
    whats ur target rpm?i would think 8500 would be a good spot to be.. was this done in the heat?i believe a 13/24 prop would put u 150 rpms lower and you will lose speed

  3. #3
    coldspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    438
    Yep,its was at 8500 easy, all over the limiter. Seems like wasted power.
    I will try 13/24.

  4. #4
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    cant u adjust to get off the limiter?

  5. #5
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    i wish i can always be at 8500

  6. #6
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    i wish i can always be at 8500
    I run a 13/25. When ordering it I emailed Jerry. I said I was going an ecu . So I use that prop. My 2 cents.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,538
    +1
    3
    Leave it were it is and start fiddling around with different nozzle ring sizes. Don't bend if you can loan/buy a 13/24 or 13/25 for testing. Bending will mess with clearances. 0.02

  8. #8
    coldspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Leave it were it is and start fiddling around with different nozzle ring sizes. Don't bend if you can loan/buy a 13/24 or 13/25 for testing. Bending will mess with clearances. 0.02
    I see,did not even think about clearances. Makes sense about bending and clearances.
    Cheers for the info.
    Might get a 13/24, I was just putting this out there to get info and to see what other guys are running with similar mods/gains.
    GaryW sent me an email about maybe trying to go up another degree. I think I will take his advise. He first set the ski up on a lower timing map, and when we increased it put the ski all over the limiter.

  9. #9
    coldspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    I run a 13/25. When ordering it I emailed Jerry. I said I was going an ecu . So I use that prop. My 2 cents.
    Cheers Richie, the 13/25 may be the go, just worried that it will slow the acceleration down a tad, I think I will try the 13/24, I was going to get it re-pitched till Gunna informs me that the clearances may suffer a bit.
    Might just have to buy a new prop soon, you gotta have the best with your toys hey.

    I might leave the prop where it is for now as I am waiting for reports back on the new Riva plate from some guys so I can ditch the stock plate.

  10. #10
    I have a full stage II from R & D with a R2 reflash on 13/24-25 prop and can only muster 8100 rpms. Top speed so far 79.8 mph

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are we going to do this or not!
    By Stroker 1450 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 03:21 PM
  2. Looking to buy a FX SHO this spring, should I go with a 2009 or 2008 model?
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:39 AM
  3. What pitch prop should I go to? At 8160 RPM
    By Gus13letter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
  4. New SC Mod to go to 13 P.S.I.
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •