+1

Major Differences between RXP and RXP-X???

Hey guys I found a good deal on a low hour (32), like new 05 RXP for 6500 with trailer, and no mods/ or scattered washers. My buddy has a almost 80 mph - GPS'd 08 RXP-X (got alot of goodies in it). We both race closed course so flat out speed isnt a priority, but I still want it quick ~ 70's.

My question is 6500 for the 05 w/ trailer, or a new 08-09 "non-current" for around 9500 -10k, and still need a trailer?

What were the major issues with the 05's? and what should be done?

+1
    I have an 05 Rxp... besides the supercharger washers going i havent had any problems with it... I have heard that the seals go out which can sink your ski very fast. I have also heard of several needed upgrades like flywheel bolts that need to be done to these skis.

If you do get the 08 or 09 I would still check the washers on the SC and replaces them with the riva ones. I know the X model has a different larger intercooler and is the "Racing" model from what i have been told. Also the dealer told me that a lot of the SC problems were fixed on 08 models and up. For me 6500 for an 05 RXP is a little High.. the RXPX needs to have low hours on it also for 9500 and be in good condition.. Check the hull and inside very well... it also depends a lot on how the ski was rode if it will be worth that much.

+1
    I'd offer $5000 on the rxp. 6500 is high for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cashito View Post
    I'd offer $5000 on the rxp. 6500 is high for the year
    +1

if your wide open all the time the oiling system on the newer models are better. i tapped my pto housing and updated to the new style, so it can be done... not that it is a deal breaker but i paid 7500 for my 04 about 4 years ago.. came with a comfab pwt double trailer, had 26 hours on it, fresh water only. deals are out there to be had now, the economy still blows triceratops penis

+1
    Well I think you guys will be proud of me. I bought an 08 RXP-X with a Sweet Karavan trailer w/ Roller Bunks for $8k! Only has 15 hours on it! Now to figure out what mods to do first!!!

+1
    Nice buy. Just do search. There is info on here to take it about as far as most would like.

+1
    Any of you guys know if I can add a warranty on to this craft even though the factory warranty expired last year?

Banned User
    +1
    your gonna start putting stuff on it and void that warranty reaaaaaal quick. and ill help you do it cuz im that kinda guy
    and quit asking silly questions i can answer most, the search button can answer others and then we'll ask questions bwahahaha

+1
    what class will you be racing in? stock,limited, or open?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    Any of you guys know if I can add a warranty on to this craft even though the factory warranty expired last year?
    I wouldnt mess with a warranty unless your not sure about the condition of the ski... your aftermarket parts will void it anyway im sure and BRP will be all about saying its not their fault. If something happens search the threads on here or post and ask people for help.. or you could find someone on here close to you that will help, and teach you about your ski.. I would def put the time into learning your ski over so you can do your own handy work.

Thread Information