Thread: 1995 slt

+1

Question 1995 slt

This particular SLT 750 (95) does have the carbs rebuilt, original blue flame arrestor and snorkle on the carbs with screen in place and all new fuel lines with good fuel sender in tank. It also has new fuel filters with the arrow pointing in the right direction. A new triple pump is installed and no kinks or air bubbles..it's routed correctly.. the plugs were black dry soot. but not heavy, same on electrode tips and ceramic.(rich).

It will only go 5100-(5600) at times RPM's, it should do 6250. its doggie out of the hole, gets about 34-36 mph and doesn't stall.. Idles at 1250 but shakes a lot.

I put the highs and lows to spec...1 on the Mag, 1/2 on Center, 3/4 on Pto. 1/2 on lows.

I tried to increase the lows to get it to jump. it gurgles..(rich). i went back to stock,, hesitating.... went in a little (1/ and not much better but slightly.. can I go even further on the lows to lets say 1/4 turn or 1/8 from zero?

I'll be doing a comp check monday although he said it ran fine before with stock fuel pump, it had no auto cock installed earlier before the switch over.... He had bpr-es6's in it before and the plugs looked a little lean to me. light tan color.. clean looking plugs but running a little hot for me.. He has 8's in there now..

The other ski runs absolutely perfect.. runs like a raped ape,, jumps out of the water fast, and great mid and fast high speed like mine does,, same exact settings, same ski, same year, same plugs, everything(a twin)

Just wondering what is wrong with this one? it starts right up easily.. PC265 installed. Turns like a raped ape..

That all the symptoms I have to share. Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Other than changing spark plugs, have you gone over the ignition system?

Trimmed spark plug wires, checked coil ohms, on so on?

Fuel line restrictor?

+1
    Those were new plugs. maybe another set may help . i havent checked the ohms. the ski , so he says ran fine before. Trimming the plug wires back may help.. but he said, they ran even before side by side running, now the one lacks some power..

Yes, the restrictor is in place on the return line and its clean. i checked both holding them up to a light. all fuel lines are tight with no bubbles in the lines while running.

I'll check it for bright blue spark and a comp test to be sure.. I'm thinking it may be the plugs are too cold.. all the plugs on both looked tan(before the change to new plugs) but were in great shape. now all 6 (in both skis) are black n sooty and the 1 ski runs fast n hard and the other doesn't. just not sure.. wonder if exlint has any ideas..

I think im gonna put back the old 6's in there and see how it reacts..

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Basics, First check compression. Then check and make sure the wires are on the right cylinders. One fouled plug will knock a Fuji down on R's by 1000 r's no problem.Get the spark testers that I told you about and test on trailer, make sure you haven't lost a coil.

+1
    thanks keddano. ill replace the plugs, i know they can be that way.. the ski is in the water so. no need for trailer! the wires are on correctly, you cant switch them around, each one exactly fits where it should. the ski ran fine before so i dont think its compression but ill check that too.. its just being finicky. i bet its the carb adjustments after changing from 6's to 8's.. i may have fouled a plug.. ill let ya know what i find today.. ill be checking for spark and cutting the wires back for good insurance.. seems to fire right up and run. so its nothing major,, just something simple... maybe i have a fuel filter on backwards.. ill check that too.

how can I check to see if the screen is no good on my 95 Polaris slt 750 it doesn't turn on

do I have to check in the black box ?

Thread Information