Twisted Crank??? Help.

Good morning everyone, I am new to this forum and am in need of a little assistance. First off let me say I am not a mechanic, but have enough common sence to follow directions. I have a 2001 Yamaha GP1200R with a stage 2 RIVA kit installed. This ski has not been able to get above an average of 58 MPH on the speedo since having this kit put on. I have already burned a hole in the top of piston #1 after having the kit put on. I have not checked compression as I need to go purchase a compression tester this week. Riva told me that I may have a compression issue but most likely it is a "twisted crank". Is there an easy was for me to check this? What exactly am I looking for? I am really not trying to have this thing on the trailer for the rest of the summer. It has been in the shop for almost 2 years now with a supposedly "certified" Riva/Yamaha mechanic putting on the kit. He stated to me that he has been working on ski's for 25 years and just can't figure out what the problem is. Trying to see if I can get some help on here and figure it out myself. Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys can give.

Central North Carolina
    here you go look at this link Tommy Jordan

Thread Information