+1

low oil pressure warning and more...

after doing wot runs and then fully releasing throttle I always get low oil pressure warning (but no buzzer). However, once throttle is applied again, warning is gone. Also, if I don't release throttle all the way, but keep rpms above trolling speed (1600+) and keep engine running like that for a minute - warning doesn't come. Suspected not sufficient oil cooling at first, but this bike (FZR) has R&D engine cooling and I have second one (FZS) with exactly same setup and no such problems there (both bikes are Riva Stage 3). Have anybody experienced the same?

Second problem is weird - engine stalled today while I was doing high speed full throttle run offshore. Something not funny while hitting waves. Managed to stay in seat, but got all type of illumination on dash: warning light, green L-Mode light and all indicators on LCD simultaneously. Engine didn't want to crank. Pressing Stop switch, disconnecting lanyard didn't help - even without lanyard dash kept working. Bilge pump was working also. I disconnected battery, connected it again and bum, problem was gone. Made it to shore, checked all connections and fuses suspecting short circuit, but no, everything seems ok. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    after doing wot runs and then fully releasing throttle I always get low oil pressure warning (but no buzzer). However, once throttle is applied again, warning is gone. Also, if I don't release throttle all the way, but keep rpms above trolling speed (1600+) and keep engine running like that for a minute - warning doesn't come. Suspected not sufficient oil cooling at first, but this bike (FZR) has R&D engine cooling and I have second one (FZS) with exactly same setup and no such problems there (both bikes are Riva Stage 3). Have anybody experienced the same?
    Yep! similar situation here: low oil pressure warning (w/ flashing red light but no buzzer) anytime I hold WOT for more than 10-20 secs, disappears as soon as I release throttle, only appears when holding WOT
    same set-up stage 3 FZ with Riva IC and R&D cooling kit

Can the pros chime in

+1
    Riva said something about that to me.
    Suggested I run my oil level high on the stick rather than in the middle of the marks.
    I only have two hours but it never happened to me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PETRUS View Post
    Yep! similar situation here: low oil pressure warning (w/ flashing red light but no buzzer) anytime I hold WOT for more than 10-20 secs, disappears as soon as I release throttle, only appears when holding WOT
    same set-up stage 3 FZ with Riva IC and R&D cooling kit

Can the pros chime in
    I'm not a pro, but... Check your oil level, if not near full try it as 1 FAST VE said, and run it near the "full" mark.

I checked, it s spot on the high mark, I always keep it this way

any other clues?

+1
    Also on the high mark.

Thread Information