Thread: HELPPPPP!!!!

HELPPPPP!!!!

I HAVE A 2008 RXP X, i brought it to hte dealer due to a exhaust light coming on and the ski was "cavitating" the dealer replaced the wear ring and charged me 330$, i took it out today, ski was running mint, i was flushing it out, i just shut the water off and reved it and the exhaust light came back on and it made a back fire noise. please help. anyone know anything about this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mfdkhoff261 View Post
    I HAVE A 2008 RXP X, i brought it to hte dealer due to a exhaust light coming on and the ski was "cavitating" the dealer replaced the wear ring and charged me 330$, i took it out today, ski was running mint, i was flushing it out, i just shut the water off and reved it and the exhaust light came back on and it made a back fire noise. please help. anyone know anything about this?
    That sounds normal to me

well what could it be if it sounds normal?

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    330 for a 60 dollar part...that takes .an hour to install wow 270 an hour .im going to work for him...if that is all he did i would go complaine

the exhaust light just means the exhaust temp was to high ..it came on after you shut off the water ...

once you shut off the water ..as soon as it is off.. blip the gas 2 3 times and shut it off...
    10 15 seconds ..

as for the back fire ...dont know... but my ski the throddle position sensor went bad once and caused it to backfire...and run eratic

+1
    Well you have shut the water off so there is no flow going thro the exhaust hense the sensor is saying the exhaust is getting hot.The back fire is normal if you high rev it.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    no the back fire isnt normal...backfires mess up tb blow up intake manifolds ..break waterboxes ect ..it shouldnt be backfireing...

what i am thinking maybe what he is doing...is hitting the rev limiter.. blowing the water out..

and yes you do have to shut the water off first..but there is still water in the box ..you just want to rev it enough to clear it if he is running around the house shutting the water off ..the runnning back around to the ski ..it is taking to long and that is why he is getting a exhaust temp....

i have never had it backfire or gotten and exhaust temp flushing...

+1
    It doesnt take long for the exhaust to over heat out of the water, Backfire is the rev limiter, A Backfire is not bad but its not good on anything either. the rev limit backfire is better than a BOOM!!! Rev limit cancels the fireing order(out of order) which doesnt allow the engine to rev anymore, then when you come off the limiter you have unburnt gas which then gets ignited and theirs your backfire.
    Last edited by DustMan; 07-11-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: ?

Thread Information