+1

true hours on rxp

here is a question i hope some of you smart guys can answers.you buy a ski with lets say 19 hours on it and you buy it at night because you just travel 10 hours in the middle of winter to get it.than when you go to work on it 4 months later like checking the supercharger for washers and all the other fine quirks that the rxp has just to make it reliable and it looks likes it has 300 hours on it.you first think that the ecu has been change which would bring the hours back to 0.is there anyway in hell that you can find out the actual hours on instead of seeing the bs numbers on the gauges.

+1
    Sorry to hear mate but it is fully possible that it has 300 hours on it even though the dash only says 19.

The 04-05 seadoos stored the hours in the ECU's. So if you change the ECU out at say 50 hours and put a Riva computer in the hours go back to 0.

But after your done 200 hours on your Riva computer you then put your stock ECU and it goes back to 50.

The 07+ seadoos have the hours stored in the Dash but this is also a simple case if someone replaced the dash then the hours can also be reset.

Then there is also software similar to buds that can reset hours also.

Word of warning is dont judge the condition of the boat by the amount of hours it has done.
    A boat with a careful 50 hours would prob be better than 20 thrashed hours.

You need to look at the general condition of the whole boat and not judge by the amount of hours it has done.

+1
    it is an 06.so you say that if the dash is not replaced there is a chance that i might be able to find the true hours on it.this retard really hacked this one. you usually find more than one bolt holding the supercharger on also it had major hull damage and they installed the front eye bow upside down.also it took me 18liters of oil to get the milky white substance out that use to be oil.also i just rip the pump off and two bolts where hand tight.also the supercharger that i took out was totally trashed.also it needs a pump rebuild with a new impeller and wear ring.so iam kind of thinking that this retard would have not reset the dash.i guess iam just another dumb trusting canadian.also the left sponsons was held on by wood screws and silcone.

+1
    The 06 was a bit weird in terms of electrics and cant remember how the hours were stored.

Man it sounds like you bought a bit of a lemon.

It might be worth selling your ski to someone that is looking at doing a conversion and buying another.

Somebody thats doing a conversion wont need to worry about sponsons screwed on or anything else on the hull etc.

Good luck with it.

+1
    already bought all the shit and fixed everything except the pump.but it would be nice to find out the true hours on this ski.

Thread Information