Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Skeg results and why you need them

Finally got a chance to ride today with the skegs on. First thing I immediately noticed is how much faster it planes. Second thing I noticed is that the ski seems to be riding higher out of the water. The only way I can describe the feeling is if you have ever rode a XPL (my previous ski) and felt the way that hull just glides on the water. I was getting the same sensation now with the RXP. Third thing I noticed is the ski most definately feels much lighter and much more playful on the water (ala XPL) fourth thing I noticed is going through chop is just awsome now. I had no fear as I was going full throttle through some decent waves and the ski was just gliding on top as opposed to the usual plowing and getting misdirected a tad by waves. And finally the last thing I noticed is that previously before skegs, full tank of gas, after first gps run, did 73.8 CONSISTENTLY. My first and last GPS run today (the batteries went dead 10 minutes on the water) got me a 74.3. I was pissed I could not do anymore speed tests, but my PEAK mph previous was 74.8. and I was close to that with a FULL tank.

Jerry has come up with a damn good product that I would highly recommend to anyone with an RXP. IF you have ridden an XPL and KNOW how well those skis handle/ride/and go through chop and want your RXP to be more like it, than the skegs are a MUST HAVE.

I have gone in stages modding my ski, and have noticed the changes 1 by 1 as I add things. Sometimes you add things to your ski that dont make a difference, or dont work well with other mods. The nice thing about all I have done so far is that everything has given me gains and everything works well together.
    Thanks Jerry

+1
    DUDE, Steve, how and the hell are you getting thoses speeds???

I have a full STG II with 4inch intake RE's and never better than 74 peak!

Are you a light little buger?

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post

73.9 mph stage I here im a light buger colder weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post

I was there when he got his peak run, Steve is a persistant and rides pretty well on that thing! He will not stop modding that RXP until he catches suckmywake riding two up! Suckmywake (Tom) is running 83.4 (gps) and has done a lot of work to his RXP! Steve will get there by spring. Tom Roller and Steve can't leave there freakin ski's alone!! Steve- I think your artwork on the RXP is catching. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Muddy!
    Austin I am 6ft 190 lbs. I am sure the cooler air/water makes a difference. We will see next summer, Although I will be a Stage 2 by then...

Suckmywake (Tom) is running 83.4

What is his rxp? EMS & B-Kit? What are the water & air temps ya guys are riding in? I really believe there is a 3mph loss in the dead heat of summer compared to winter ... I gained 1.4 last Friday with just a air drop of 16 degrees and water drop 7 degrees... Also the humidity was a little lower from like 90-100% down to about 60-70%. Just imagine what a 30 degree drop will add! Only thing that sux is once the heat comes in our good #'s go bye bye I predict a high 83 low 84 by Feb as is....

+1
    Sleepless, GOOD point. My peak speed of 74 was in 90+ temps.
    I haven't been out in cool weather yet with my STG II. BUt will have the RR impeller and 42lb injecters before next ride anyway. Hope for 77+.

Sleepless- rotax racing mostly, besides riva power cooler. He is looking for speed in the same area's as you. Suckmywake has a lot of air flow to keep the ambient temperature down.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Second thing I noticed is that the ski seems to be riding higher out of the water.
    Do you have a Riva grate? mine seemed to lose the riding high feel after installing the grate and the ride was not as smooth in chop as it was with skegs only. I'm thinking about swaping the grates again on my RXT just to confirm this if no one else has noticed it. Most probably had a grate before skegs, anyone else had skegs without a Riva grate?

gtxx,
    grate was the first thing i did. I did notice that it pulled it tighter to the water. at least it felt that way. Then the wedge raised it back up, but it started porpoising at top speed. So the RE blockoffs fixed the porpoising,
    and the Skegs finished it off...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information