spark plug question

i have a ? it may seem stupid . i was changing the plugs on my 98 sltx , with the 1050 . i notice i am to use the bpr8es plug gapped to 24 -28 . all i can get right now is the br8es . i know the p stands for projected tip , and that the tip gets further into the combustion chamber . the question i have is will i have an issue using the non-projected tip ?? running hotter / colder , or less combustion as it is shorter , or maybe my coils will work harder to get combustion ????
    sorry if this seems stupid , but better to ask than burn a hole .

my bpr8es are a week away and with our season so short up here i just want to get on the water.
    thanks kent

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    This is currently being discussed HERE. I have been running BR8ES plugs in my 650 with no problems. From what I have seen many people have run the BR style plugs and many others have run the BPR style. I have never heard of one type causing problems over the other. If all you can get is the BR plugs, use them, get it out on the lake, summer is a short enough month in Canada as it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    This is currently being discussed HERE. I have been running BR8ES plugs in my 650 with no problems. From what I have seen many people have run the BR style plugs and many others have run the BPR style. I have never heard of one type causing problems over the other. If all you can get is the BR plugs, use them, get it out on the lake, summer is a short enough month in Canada as it is!!!

yes i have been reading it , seems i posted just before indy al , and he bumped me out . good enough though. i would be more concerned going from the recommended br to the bpr , being that they are longer . looks like i am good to go , .

Thread Information