Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22

    Stupid question about riva ride plate

    Im not sure if its the water conditions, the ski or, just me. Installed the riva plate on my rxp and now it seems like the ski wont stay in the water. I've heard about issues with them at high speed and needing shims, but this is at under 30/40 mph. I have a riva grate on and everything is flush. Idk maybe its just me.


  2. #2
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Im not sure if its the water conditions, the ski or, just me. Installed the riva plate on my rxp and now it seems like the ski wont stay in the water. I've heard about issues with them at high speed and needing shims, but this is at under 30/40 mph. I have a riva grate on and everything is flush. Idk maybe its just me.
    I had to shim mine...it was doing the exact same thing.....apparently they've had three seperate batches made and it's my understanding that the first two aren't up to par.....I think I'm going to have my oem plate modded and run it instead..

  3. #3
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    yea i read your thread a while back, I got mine in May, was hoping it was one from the last batch. What size shims did u use?

  4. #4
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    yea i read your thread a while back, I got mine in May, was hoping it was one from the last batch. What size shims did u use?
    I ended up using .045 shims. Some will say that's excessive but that's what it took to keep the ski in the water.This fall I'm going to try some diffrent intake grate/rideplate combo's and see what gets the best results.

  5. #5
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    I got mine in May,shimmed it .020 right away. (after reading previous threads on the rideplate)
    No issues whatsoever,i must say i'm weighing around 275 lbs,this might help keeping the nose down.
    No porpoising or cavitation,i have still the opas paddles on,just performs fine.
    Did mine with the heatexchanger.
    I gained some speed,and i think handling around buoys improved alot.
    Mine is on a rxt-x,maybe on the bigger ski's it performs better.
    Next i'm gonna try the wedge,and see what happens.

  6. #6
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    I got mine in May,shimmed it .020 right away. (after reading previous threads on the rideplate)
    No issues whatsoever,i must say i'm weighing around 275 lbs,this might help keeping the nose down.
    No porpoising or cavitation,i have still the opas paddles on,just performs fine.
    Did mine with the heatexchanger.
    I gained some speed,and i think handling around buoys improved alot.
    Mine is on a rxt-x,maybe on the bigger ski's it performs better.
    Next i'm gonna try the wedge,and see what happens.
    Hey Rich, when did you purchase your rideplate?

  7. #7
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    never mind... I see that you got it in May......

  8. #8
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    Yea im going to order some shims then. Hope that fixes the issue. I love the way it hooks left/right now, but it scares the hell out of me when riding in mild chop (which is 75% of my condition). Dam ski is constantly out of the water.

  9. #9
    blowbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Yea im going to order some shims then. Hope that fixes the issue. I love the way it hooks left/right now, but it scares the hell out of me when riding in mild chop (which is 75% of my condition). Dam ski is constantly out of the water.
    Where are you ordering shims from? I was under the impression all you need to use is washers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by blowbyu View Post
    Where are you ordering shims from? I was under the impression all you need to use is washers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    McMasterCarr.com.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. question about stock ride plate
    By 03stx12f in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
  2. Question for the ride plate gurus
    By 75 + Single in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
  3. R/D ride plate vs Riva Ride plate
    By Lvnspeed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
  4. Will my 05' 1300 Riva ride plate fit an 03' 1300?
    By O-ToWn1300R in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM
  5. Question about Riva Results on there stage II Kit? Did they
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •