01 gp1200r power issues! No display, no crank

Hey everyone I'm new to the ski world. I recently purchased a 2001 GP1200R, 36 hrs, lift kept. This is my 4th time to take it out and it left me stranded about 5 miles out! Thankfully someone came by and hauled me in. Now the juicy parts!

I was going 60 when engine died and the power went off.... I restarted and got up to 20mph when it did it again. 2nd time it was very reluctant, almost like the battery was dying. Got it going and it did the same thing. 3rd time, the same. 4th....dead.

Checked voltage, read about 6v. Got a new battery, I still cant get anything, no display, it doesnt try to turn over. I did here a whining noise coming out of the electrical box when i hit the start, it would go away when i hit stop.

What Ive done>
    Checked main fuses - Good
    Checked starter relay - Had Voltage, would crank when shorted
    Checked killswitch - Good
    Checked voltage to display harness - Good

Everything seemed to be ok..... I am worried about a possible grounding issue, but I have a solid 12v. Could this be the CDI box? It sounds like it whines when I hit the start button. I need some help guys!!! Im kinda worried, I read really good reviews on this model so I actually bought another one 12 hrs away with 40hrs on it

+1
    Did you ever figure this one out?

I did find out that i have no compression in the last cylinder, thats about it. I havent had time to actually pull the top off yet. Any ideas?

+1
    Unfortunately no. I was curious one why the ski was (power) dead with all the items you have checked...

I finally had a chance to break down the last cylinder down. I found that the piston had deep crevices below the piston rings. Both rings showed significant wear, the bottom worse than the top. The cylinder also showed the same wear. When I get home I will look to see if the oil line came loose from the carb. Do you have any suggestions or no where I can get some parts?

Thread Information