bought 03 gp1300r common problems to avoid them

Hi guys, I recently bought a 2003 gp1300r with 63hr in the dash. Ski starts and runs great, but I want to know the common problems with this ski to fix them before they happens to me in the lake.

I read that cat conv fails so I want to buy d-plate with sensor chip and install it before cat conv fails with me in the lake. Do I need to put anything more when I install D-plate and chip?

I also read about powervalve clips, but I don know anything about this.

Please tell me the most common problems with this ski and the way to fix them so I will try to make them before failure.

Please every comment is good.

Lalo!

Yeah, D-plate and waveeater clips so your powervalves don't fall into the cylinder and ruin your motor are the main ones.

When I install D-plate and sensor chip,, Itīs necesary to install EFI? or can I avoid EFI and install D-plate an chip nothing else?

Comments please.

Lalo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin1907 View Post
    When I install D-plate and sensor chip,, Itīs necesary to install EFI? or can I avoid EFI and install D-plate an chip nothing else?

Comments please.

Lalo
    I think your question is a little confusing,yours is a electronically fueled injection (EFI) can you be more specific for our tuners and members to understand

Sorry, yes mine is fuel injected, so if I install D-plate, sensor chip running premix do i need to put some other fuel management or I leave it stock.

I just want to change the common faulires on this ski before they happen to me.

LAlo

Quote Originally Posted by marvin1907 View Post
    Sorry, yes mine is fuel injected, so if I install D-plate, sensor chip running premix do i need to put some other fuel management or I leave it stock.

I just want to change the common faulires on this ski before they happen to me.

LAlo
    Here read this thread it will answer your question http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...uel-controller

+1
    Oh we see a fuel controllerif your going to increase compression and acceleration through porting,milled head and advance timing then yes, but be prepared to pay more at the pump and buy premium....but its worth it!

Thread Information