Repiutible sellers of modded YAM 2 strokes

I bought an old 98 YAM 1200XL for nothing and put a SBT engine in it. Things went well and now I've got the major bug with this "hobby". I've run the crap out of this ski, however, I am now ready to consider buying a modded ski. I have basic mechanical skills, however, I'm completely in the dark on these mods and it seems like the best way for me to go is buy one already done/modded by a repituble person. I do not know who this person is though and it would be foolish to buy one without major reccomendations from people are are familiar with these mods. I've seen several Yamaha skis in the 5000 range that look promising. Are there any good dealers of modded skis per se? Do you know individuals who mod these skis for resale that have a good reputation? I will read up the best I can, however, I simply don't have the time to do these mods myself. I am a Yamaha guy and love the two strokes. Any advice appreciated. Anyone with stellar reputations appreciated.

+1
    I'd be wary dealing with craigslist or ebay skis unless you know the person. You will see people advertise a 2001 GPR on ebay with a "Stage II" kit installed, claiming it will to 85mph. Start looking in the classifieds here, a lot of guys who are well known and trusted by the gurus here will be selling skis. Some of these skis change hands between greenhulk members several times.

Speaking of modded skis, I will probably be selling/trading The Crayola later this year or early next year.

+1
    i agree the best place to buy something is on here. if someone tries to sell something and claim it to be something its not other members will call them out. so there is pretty good safety here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'd be wary dealing with craigslist or ebay skis unless you know the person. You will see people advertise a 2001 GPR on ebay with a "Stage II" kit installed, claiming it will to 85mph. Start looking in the classifieds here, a lot of guys who are well known and trusted by the gurus here will be selling skis. Some of these skis change hands between greenhulk members several times.

Speaking of modded skis, I will probably be selling/trading The Crayola later this year or early next year.
    And don't trust anyone with a rainbow-colored ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    .............Or who rides Superman on their AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Dave, you opened yourself up for that one!

+1
    were are you located i might be selling my 1500 gp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    This coming from a guy with a beotch called Woody!

located in Memphis TN. Not much here in the area of ski enthusiasts to lean on. Thanks for your help everyone. I will look around here and get the lay of the land.

Thread Information