+1

bottom repairs, waveraider1200, gel coat worn off, few knicks and dings, MARINE-TEX!!

hi all,
    my ski had a few knicks on the front of the ski from smashing rocks, the previous owner attempted to repair it but did a poor job and the hull looked bad and had a lot of rough spots. I had never done this type of repair before but with the help of this great community here on GREEN HULK, i read about a product called MARINE -TEX, and used it to repair the hull. i started off with just the front, but now after three of the $18.99 small boxes i have finished filling in the bottom imperfections!!!! tomorrow im going to finish sanding and get it primed and painted.. question is do i need to put gel coat on top of the marine-tex??? or will a coat of primer and 2 coats of white, 2 coats of clear be ok for the bottom????, after i intend to wet sand and buff..
    then tuesday i will begin prepping and painting the top of the ski. i think im going to go with a black and green, or a black and blue color scheme.. still havent bought the paint yet. anyone have any pics to give me some inspiration??? ill post some pics for everyone to see how good the bottom came out!!! take it easy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    hi all,
    my ski had a few knicks on the front of the ski from smashing rocks, the previous owner attempted to repair it but did a poor job and the hull looked bad and had a lot of rough spots. I had never done this type of repair before but with the help of this great community here on GREEN HULK, i read about a product called MARINE -TEX, and used it to repair the hull. i started off with just the front, but now after three of the $18.99 small boxes i have finished filling in the bottom imperfections!!!! tomorrow im going to finish sanding and get it primed and painted.. question is do i need to put gel coat on top of the marine-tex??? or will a coat of primer and 2 coats of white, 2 coats of clear be ok for the bottom????, after i intend to wet sand and buff..
    then tuesday i will begin prepping and painting the top of the ski. i think im going to go with a black and green, or a black and blue color scheme.. still havent bought the paint yet. anyone have any pics to give me some inspiration??? ill post some pics for everyone to see how good the bottom came out!!! take it easy
    All Black looks awesome................................

+1
    Looks loke im going all black!!! Getting the paint tomorrow, then ill post the pics , last week i bought spray paint and the primer came out great but the metallic paint i used sucked!!! It wouldnt go on evenly and the spray got on my finger and its been numb for a week today!!! The paint was rustoleum metallic black, do not use this stuff!!!! Nightmare!!!

+1
    It will look great I would like to turn my 97 Black

+1
    i got it all finished up last night and it looks great, i have a few pics but im having trouble loading them, im still waiting for my monster energy stickers and some others, but not too many, going for a clean look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0044.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	206600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0041.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	206599  

+1
    the bottom was repaired with marine tek, you could see the fiber showing the whole length of the hull, i think it came out pretty good, the top pic is the old color, yellow, this the the same as riva's race boat theme, im trying to get the new pics to load

+1

this pic show the four pissers my ski has, there are three smaller ones in the front

hopefully the pics load right, u have to zoom in to see the pissers good, but only the larger back one really seems to blow water
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JETSKI.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	206601  

Thread Information