pump for conversion

I have a 2001 1200 gpr that is needing pump bearings to make it through the rest of the season, this winter i am having a 06 rxp put in and was wondering if what is everyone running for pumps now. I have the sd pump but my gpr is the old style, was wanting to know if it was worth upgrading to the ho pump now and use this on conversion or just replace bearings and use sd pump for conversion. Thanks for any input, and hope to pick some brains about this conversion when we get ready.

+1
    If your going to run close to stock 4-tec motor the HO pump will work better then the old style. No real speed gains but less cavitation.

Anything more then an stock your going to need a SD pump or expensive Skat pump

Might want to consider a 2" extension/longer driveshaft like on the 03 and up to make it easy for pump pressure relief. This will be wise if over 80 is part of your goals.

i am looking for low to mid 80's can i do this and keep realiablity with the motor and can i go with the ho yami pump i think it will be alot cheaper than getting the sd pump to work. I would like to save money where i can but not at the cost of realiablity and not just to save money now and spend more later. Thanks alot of the help i am trying to start and get things lined up for the conversion this fall, and have read everything i can on them its just better to here from someone first hand.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    i am looking for low to mid 80's can i do this and keep realiablity with the motor and can i go with the ho yami pump i think it will be alot cheaper than getting the sd pump to work. I would like to save money where i can but not at the cost of realiablity and not just to save money now and spend more later. Thanks alot of the help i am trying to start and get things lined up for the conversion this fall, and have read everything i can on them its just better to here from someone first hand.
    This can be done fairly easy with an X supercharger, external I/C, 42lbs injectors, stock ecu. Rideplate needs to be at least an aftermarket R&D with a decent grate and DF prop. Ski won't be a monster out of the hole but not to terrible. Really good traction from a stop is going to be expensive.

+1
    im kinda wondering the same thing as cooldaddy

duke for a mildy built gprxp or gprsho, what would be a better option between a sd pump and a 155mm 14v setback skat pump if we are looking for best holeshot and acceleration?

thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    im kinda wondering the same thing as cooldaddy

duke for a mildy built gprxp or gprsho, what would be a better option between a sd pump and a 155mm 14v setback skat pump if we are looking for best holeshot and acceleration?

thanks.
    On a mild build the 14v setback works very well and seems to produce a lot of speed. Once you start making bigger power the SC makes so much instant torque it will just blow out after a point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    On a mild build the 14v setback works very well and seems to produce a lot of speed. Once you start making bigger power the SC makes so much instant torque it will just blow out after a point.

gotcha, thanks for your input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    This can be done fairly easy with an X supercharger, external I/C, 42lbs injectors, stock ecu.
    Wouldn't a RRFPR needed for this setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Wouldn't a RRFPR needed for this setup?
    I think most are getting away with injector change but a wideband is mandatory IMO. I put a RRFPR on everything even stock just to have tuneability.

I just run 42cc injectors. RRFPR is preferable, but it is more expensive.

Thread Information