Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cliffside, North Carolina
    Posts
    30

    pump for conversion

    I have a 2001 1200 gpr that is needing pump bearings to make it through the rest of the season, this winter i am having a 06 rxp put in and was wondering if what is everyone running for pumps now. I have the sd pump but my gpr is the old style, was wanting to know if it was worth upgrading to the ho pump now and use this on conversion or just replace bearings and use sd pump for conversion. Thanks for any input, and hope to pick some brains about this conversion when we get ready.


  2. #2
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    If your going to run close to stock 4-tec motor the HO pump will work better then the old style. No real speed gains but less cavitation.

    Anything more then an stock your going to need a SD pump or expensive Skat pump

    Might want to consider a 2" extension/longer driveshaft like on the 03 and up to make it easy for pump pressure relief. This will be wise if over 80 is part of your goals.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cliffside, North Carolina
    Posts
    30
    i am looking for low to mid 80's can i do this and keep realiablity with the motor and can i go with the ho yami pump i think it will be alot cheaper than getting the sd pump to work. I would like to save money where i can but not at the cost of realiablity and not just to save money now and spend more later. Thanks alot of the help i am trying to start and get things lined up for the conversion this fall, and have read everything i can on them its just better to here from someone first hand.

  4. #4
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    i am looking for low to mid 80's can i do this and keep realiablity with the motor and can i go with the ho yami pump i think it will be alot cheaper than getting the sd pump to work. I would like to save money where i can but not at the cost of realiablity and not just to save money now and spend more later. Thanks alot of the help i am trying to start and get things lined up for the conversion this fall, and have read everything i can on them its just better to here from someone first hand.
    This can be done fairly easy with an X supercharger, external I/C, 42lbs injectors, stock ecu. Rideplate needs to be at least an aftermarket R&D with a decent grate and DF prop. Ski won't be a monster out of the hole but not to terrible. Really good traction from a stop is going to be expensive.

  5. #5
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    im kinda wondering the same thing as cooldaddy

    duke for a mildy built gprxp or gprsho, what would be a better option between a sd pump and a 155mm 14v setback skat pump if we are looking for best holeshot and acceleration?

    thanks.

  6. #6
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    im kinda wondering the same thing as cooldaddy

    duke for a mildy built gprxp or gprsho, what would be a better option between a sd pump and a 155mm 14v setback skat pump if we are looking for best holeshot and acceleration?

    thanks.
    On a mild build the 14v setback works very well and seems to produce a lot of speed. Once you start making bigger power the SC makes so much instant torque it will just blow out after a point.

  7. #7
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    On a mild build the 14v setback works very well and seems to produce a lot of speed. Once you start making bigger power the SC makes so much instant torque it will just blow out after a point.

    gotcha, thanks for your input.

  8. #8
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    This can be done fairly easy with an X supercharger, external I/C, 42lbs injectors, stock ecu.
    Wouldn't a RRFPR needed for this setup?

  9. #9
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Wouldn't a RRFPR needed for this setup?
    I think most are getting away with injector change but a wideband is mandatory IMO. I put a RRFPR on everything even stock just to have tuneability.

  10. #10
    o uncola o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,060
    I just run 42cc injectors. RRFPR is preferable, but it is more expensive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I need an oil pump for 2000 GP1200R
    By Robsauto2 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
  2. Which Rule bilge pump for GPR ?
    By mrbtd in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 06:02 AM
  3. Anyone got a RXP or RXT pump for sale???
    By rapidacceleration in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM
  4. Aftermarket pumps for the GTX SC?
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
  5. I took off the pump for the first time.....
    By boataddict in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •