Virage TXI Won't run until warms up

Hi Guys,

I have been doing a ton of research and can't find the same problem. This is for a 2002 Virage TXI. The ski will not run until it warms up. I hit start it fires up and stalls, I hit start again and it fires up again and stalls. The longer I do this the longer it will stay running. After about 10 min it will start and stay running but wont rev. After another 10 min or so of idling it will run absolutely fine. No check engine light, runs absolutely great. I can stop them, let them dock for a while and they will restart with no problem. However if I try to use them the next day same problem. The ski has a rebuilt motor with about 10 hours, good even compression, new TPS sensor, new battery , new sensor on the fly wheel. Also has new spark plugs. We checked fuel pressure and it seems with spec. Really no idea where to go from here.

Now with video ...

We tried testing for 40 volts at both the connector and one of the injectors. Not sure how to interpret the results and if we are doing it right. What do you guys think?

This is testing at the location pictured above:

This is testing at the middle fuel injector:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada

Arrow Bypassing the LR-503 module on 2002 Virage TXi

I suggest by-passing the Start/Stop module to see if the problem goes away.

I think your LR-503 Start/Stop module is located on top of the fuel tank. Unplug it and set it aside. Use a small insulated alligator jumper wire to link the Black wire pin to the Black/White wire pin on the wire harness connector.

This bypasses the Start/Stop module. The Start button will start the engine, but not stop it. Only the lanyard will stop the engine.

If the engine now starts reliably, reconnect the LR module. If the problem returns, replace the module.
    Last edited by K447; 06-07-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks, I will give it a go tonight.

Thanks again, It does seem better. Going to give it a try on the lake.

Perth Australia
    Try starting the ski by bridging the starter solenoid .it is on the battery retaining clamp .See if it starts up then .Method for testing Voltage not a good idea .It will corrode at that point and cause you grief .

Boise, ID
    Leavundust... did you ever determine if the LR-503 module was causing the issue? The problem how you descibed at the top of the post is exactly what my ski is doing. I'd like to know your findings to hopefully cut down some of my debug time.

Thread Information