Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

C1 wheel for FZR

I have a stage 1, minus the ride plate and want to know if a C1 will make much difference in acceleration? Also, can I just drop this in or will the ski need a powershot to handle the boost?

I had this same setup in my ski once, stage one+ stock plate+ C1 and no other mods, The ski ran a consistent 72+ and it never hit the boost limiter once..

Have all the items in my signature and I am all over the limiter. Acceleration is off the chain!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    I had this same setup in my ski once, stage one+ stock plate+ C1 and no other mods, The ski ran a consistent 72+ and it never hit the boost limiter once..

did you ever monitor your AFR's ??

+1
    Im still not impressed with this ski even after these mods its still just "even" with the XPS. I might have an edge top end but they still get the jump for a hair and then I pull even and that about where we stay.
    Last edited by spinaker; 07-12-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

I have a stage one fzs. I am a little disappointed in the acceleration also.... I may also consider a c1 in near future.

+1
    Im tired of pouring money into this thing, Im about ready to sell it and go back to a Seadoo but with all that Ive put into it and with only 12 hrs on it being an 09, Im not sure what I want to do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Im tired of pouring money into this thing, Im about ready to sell it and go back to a Seadoo but with all that Ive put into it and with only 12 hrs on it being an 09, Im not sure what I want to do.
    If you can't go fast with this platform then you are doing something wrong. What are your exact current mods? Tell us everything you've done so far, and how fast you want to go and we'll see if we can tell you what it will take to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    How in the world could you have not touched the boost limiter? I was on the boost limiter AND rev limiter with just an intake, exhaust, and manifold upgrade until I repitched my prop, and even then I was STILL on the boost limiter. You can't exactly feel it when you're on the boost limiter. The throttle plate just gets subtly closed until manifold pressure is reduced. You have to have a boost gauge to see the ECU backing the boost back down after a hard pull.

Different climates? this testing was done in the summer..where you are is probably colder than down here in the islands..I can assure you my ski was not on the boost limiter it never missed a beat and like I said ran a 'consistent' 72+ we run our skis hard for long periods. Even our C3 skis that had boost gauges managed to not hit the boost limiter without the powershot, i'm not sure how they managed but with my C1 I can definately tell you it kept up the same boost pressure for long periods of time..

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Throw a B1/C3 and upgraded IC on and you will be waxing 99% of Sea Poos out there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information