Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

missing rpm's...timing chain position issue?

hey guys, i need a little input here. i have a 05 rxp that i just built the engine. has a stage 3 charger, 42lb injectors, race ecu, big intercooler, 14/19 solas, RRFPR.
    it's only doing 7600rpm's at 66mph but what's wierd is i have the a/f at wot set at 11.7/9 but at idle it's reading like 10 to 10.5?? could my a/f ratio issue be from a possible timing chain off by one which may lead to my missing rpm's??? kinda stumped here. any input would be helpful. thanks guys!

+1
    I have an 05 that I just rebuilt that is stock with the same issue. It tops out at 7600 RPM. Does anyone have any suggestions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JLewis View Post
    hey guys, i need a little input here. i have a 05 rxp that i just built the engine. has a stage 3 charger, 42lb injectors, race ecu, big intercooler, 14/19 solas, RRFPR.
    it's only doing 7600rpm's at 66mph but what's wierd is i have the a/f at wot set at 11.7/9 but at idle it's reading like 10 to 10.5?? could my a/f ratio issue be from a possible timing chain off by one which may lead to my missing rpm's??? kinda stumped here. any input would be helpful. thanks guys!
    Which ECU? The Riva one uses the knock sensor pigtail adapter.

Also check the SC slip, Could be low.

yea i agree with psycho

what condition is the wear ring?

duke just set up my SC and installed new mcmaster washers so it should be fine. the ecu is a PPG ecu i believe. it's not the riva one. the wear ring is good too and doesn't cavitate at all. feels strong out of the hole but just no top end. definately not a prop issue due to the mph and rpm's. why would yall think the a/f is kinda backwards and running super rich at idle instead of the normal 13 to 14's ratio. that's why i wondered about the timing chain. i did look at the letters being even with the head on the cam gear and it is just a bit slight angle with the crank and cam locks installed. it's never perfectly even????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JLewis View Post
    duke just set up my SC and installed new mcmaster washers so it should be fine. the ecu is a PPG ecu i believe. it's not the riva one. the wear ring is good too and doesn't cavitate at all. feels strong out of the hole but just no top end. definately not a prop issue due to the mph and rpm's. why would yall think the a/f is kinda backwards and running super rich at idle instead of the normal 13 to 14's ratio. that's why i wondered about the timing chain. i did look at the letters being even with the head on the cam gear and it is just a bit slight angle with the crank and cam locks installed. it's never perfectly even????
    Your compresion will tell you if you are on the right tooth.

+1
    Several Sea Doos with low RPMs now. This sounds similar to the problems listed in Snowman's thread.

yea, didn't check compression but would think it would be fine as it make good torque but maybe. i did just mess with the chain timing tonight, i got it to move over 1 tooth and now the two timing lines are pretty straight but when i removed the locks, reinstalled the tensioner and turned the motor back and forth to check for freeness, i then tried to double check the marks are reinstall the locks, the crank lock didn't wanna go in. i will try it in the morning to see if it made a difference or not. maybe it will change the way it's burning and get the a/f ratios back to normal.

+1
    Do you need that piggy back knock sensor harness for your boat? That will cause 7600 RPM

im not really sure but i dont think so. the ecu is a ppg, brp racing only ecu.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information