Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

double pole double throw momentary switch for trim???

Hey Guys,
    My trim is acting up on my 96xp it works when it feels like it some times it trims up all by it self. I have taken it apart after reading many threads here checked everything it has to be the dreaded black box. So I was thinking about how to get it to work with a different switch and I came up with a double pole double throw momentary switch that is waterproof. In theory it should work but I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this I know you will not be able to use the gauge but thats ok I go but how the ski is riding. 10.00 switch no gauge VS 150.00 black box my gauge is broke anyway so please give me somw feed back good or bad.
    Thanks everyone

+1
    i was looking into the same thing myself this week. i was going to pick one up later this week. i have not tried it yet but it should work.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    It depends on how the switch throws. Most DPDT switches energize both sets of contacts at the same time, it's just two sets of contacts for two separate circuits. If so, then it wouldn't work. You have to reverse polarity to make it go in the opposite direction. Post up a diagram...but I don't see it happening.

I going to do a little more research. I thought I saw something on here about this once.

I used 2 omiron dpdt relays and the relay socket for ease of wiring. I put them in a waterproof container and added silicon just in case. Use the vts swtich on the handle bars to operate it like normal. I have not had any issue since doing this.

+1

you could use 2 5 pin 30 amp relays. thats what they put in thein the black box anyway. I pulled mine apart to see if i could fix it and found that the 1 relay burnt through the board. The link below shows the wiring for Actuators / Reverse Polarity. I would think that would work but not 100% sure im going to test it out and will give feedback later
    http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Dou.../dp/B001PNMBS0 Link to switch i'm talking about hope
    this might help a little i'm getting it and trying it if it don't work no big deal I can find somthing to do with it if it works
    hats off to everyone and I saved 140.00 bucks. I will let you know how it works out i'm sure it will take a week to ship so this will be
    next weekends project also I am putting in a inline fuse because I can. The feedback is great can't wait to see more.

Nick344 can you post a drawing like mibunkerking's I like your ideal and if it's worked for a while i'm down with that option to always good to have a back up plan.
    Thanks

BINGO!!! Look below a few posts down. Shows how to wire existing switch .

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=451m+relay

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information