Thread: water in oil?

water in oil?

Had some RPM loss so I parked the ski and was checking a few things when I noticed my oil was milky. What are some of the cause's of getting water in your oil. Rode the ski Saturday and everything was good, checked oil level Sunday and oil was clean at that time. Went out riding and everything seemed ok, then my son was riding and come in and said it had lost some speed. This is when I noticed the water in the oil. I was told it hadn't been flipped. I have a front mounted 4" air under handle bars, and I did notice in the inside of the air intake hose some water. I have the air intake tube coming in and looped up right to the air cleaner in a U shape. Could water be sucked up from the bottom of the U part of the hose into the air cleaner. Its never happened before, but had a couple other people riding the ski and don't exacty how they were riding it. If it didn't get in this way what is my next thing to check?
    Running Riva open loop

Thanks

+1
    sounds like you answered your own question.it never happend before. it does not happen when you drive it .when someone else drives it it has water in the intake.sounds like somebody is driving it pretty hard.

water in oil

I get a little oil in my catch can mixed with the water is this normal. Where does the water come from in the catch can?

Quote Originally Posted by T5Racing View Post
    Had some RPM loss so I parked the ski and was checking a few things when I noticed my oil was milky. What are some of the cause's of getting water in your oil. Rode the ski Saturday and everything was good, checked oil level Sunday and oil was clean at that time. Went out riding and everything seemed ok, then my son was riding and come in and said it had lost some speed. This is when I noticed the water in the oil. I was told it hadn't been flipped. I have a front mounted 4" air under handle bars, and I did notice in the inside of the air intake hose some water. I have the air intake tube coming in and looped up right to the air cleaner in a U shape. Could water be sucked up from the bottom of the U part of the hose into the air cleaner. Its never happened before, but had a couple other people riding the ski and don't exacty how they were riding it. If it didn't get in this way what is my next thing to check?
    Running Riva open loop

Thanks
    That's enough for me.

Anymore ideas??

+1
    Id say it was flipped over, or the front end had a lot of water coming over it. I have the same setup as you and i fabricated a block off so that water does not come in around my filter

+1
    Check your intercooler for water leaks.
    Never seen it on a rxt-x before
    But on the older models with the intercooler in the intake manifold i have seen it happen,it causes the white and milky oil.

+1
    it would of had to suck alot of water through the intake to make the oil milky.... and if that was the case i would think it would have hydrolocked... water through the intake would go into the combustion chamber. you would have to put a ton of water in the cylinder to get it to be a noticeable amount to leak down through the rings into the oil.... just my 2cents... more likely to be a head gasket...once again not sure just thinking out loud here...

+1
    Ckeck the intercooler first! by remove the tube from intercooler to throttle body and run the engine and see the outlet of intercooler.

+1
    he owns a RXPX with external IC.... how whould that be the issue?? Bad core in IC leaking then blowing through the charge piping through the throttle body, then into the combustion chamber??? once again if that was the case it would have most likely hydrolocked...

Thread Information