in need of carb advice

ok heres my problem i have a 2002 12r when i got the ski it was in serious need of rebuilds on the carbs. i did the rebuilds and after was told i need to drill out the low speed caps and set the low speed needles, now here where my problem comes in i drilled them out which was easy the first needle perfect. now as for the middle and rear carb different story ive let these things soak for about a week and a half now and ive been messin with them on and off so i wouldnt over work the screw heads but at this point the head are close to shot and the needles arent budging . now im having the same problem with an xl im workin on but he only has 1 carb with this problem so im gonna give him my only good one i think?!?!?! i dont mind running different carbs cuz i thought about gettin a set of older gp 1200 44mm carbs but i wanna run the stock air box with the 1300 filter mostly cuz i do alot of wave jumping about 90% of of the time. i really dont wanna run individual filters with outter wearers. im basicly at stand still with this ski and wanna know what you guys think i dont mind buyin another set of carbs but i dont wanna be spending an arm and a leg either. let hear what ya got .

oh btw i have an r&d intake manifold on the way so that will open up my options

bump

That happened on two of my adjusters,they were seized solid.I drilled them with a tiny drill bit,i think i started with a 1/8th bit and went slightly bigger to accommodate a torx 15 screwdriver,then i tapped the torx into the hole in the adjuster and used a pair a vice-grips to turn it.I got them both out this way but it all depends on how well you drill the hole and how centre it is.just take your time and be persistant,it'll move eventually,good luck.

I got a set of 01 carbs with about 15 hours on them since rebuild. Let me know if they could help you out.

beanut pm sent

+1
    yep, stuck carb screws suck! and are very common. PB blaster and a torch along with a careful hand drilling the screw for an easy out has worked for me on more than a few occasions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 063.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	205067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 061.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	205066  

drew i think im gonna take ur advice i mean what the worse thing that can happen i mess up a set of carbs that at this point border line useable. ive been soaking them and tried heatin them up so i guess it time to drill and easy out

Thread Information