Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

RXT iS Vids from Go Pro

I'm in the process of editing more (time consuming) but here's the first couple from a St John's river ride from Lk Harney to Lk Monroe from July 3. Don't forget to choose 720p from the menu for best quality.

The original GoPro sound is on the lame side, but being an Audio Engineer with ProTools on his Macbook, I gave it the "Britney treatment".

Enjoy!

PS: I used a chest mount for the camera, obviously too low. Helmet mount is next.

Banned User
    +1
    Is this the Gopro HD camera?? Try setting R5-which is 1080P, true high definition.
    Another setting that is fun, is R4-which is 720P/60 frames per second. In your video editing software, you slow it down 50%, and its smooth slow motion.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I use r3 (720p/60fps/wide angle) I edit in Final Cut Pro but have to use MPEG streamclip to convert the mp4 to mov files and Apple Cinema tools to conform down to 24fps for slomo. Otherwise I just leave it at 60fps for a smooth look. I edit in Final Cut Pro. I've used the r5 setting before as well for 1080p. These are cool little cameras!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I use r3 (720p/60fps/wide angle) I edit in Final Cut Pro but have to use MPEG streamclip to convert the mp4 to mov files and Apple Cinema tools to conform down to 24fps for slomo. Otherwise I just leave it at 60fps for a smooth look. I edit in Final Cut Pro. I've used the r5 setting before as well for 1080p. These are cool little cameras!
    Way to much work. You can upload to Youtube directly from the camera, or a simple edit in Cyberlink Power Director 8. It takes the 60fps and turns it into 30fps buttery smooth. 24fps is nice and "filmy" but it looks like your dropping to many frames. It comes out kinda choppy.
    R5 has the narrowest field of view, which may not look good for certain situations. And your right, it's R3 for 60fps...I always have to look at the instructions when I change it. Wish I had an example to post, but I don't. It's still in a "project" I'm working on that probably won't be released until after the World Finals.

Thread Information