Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137

    FZ Stainless Grates First Batch Is In

    I got a reply from Riva that the first batch of SS grates for our FZS/FZR's are in. To be shipped out by order date. I had one ordered since June 1. Sooo,,we will see when I get mine.


  2. #2
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Why don't you just have them ship that to me to try for a day or so Chuck?

    I promise to send it on to you...

  3. #3
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Why don't you just have them ship that to me to try for a day or so Chuck?

    I promise to send it on to you...
    SURE,,,I will have it shipped right to your door. Test it out for me . How is your ski running now ? I see you may have changed a couple of things...

  4. #4
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137

    Riva SS Grate is Here

    Got my intake grate today. Will be installing it next week for testing. It looks good, and it is HEAVY....10 lbs. I took some pics of where the mounting bosses were "touched up" with machining or a grinder. I suppose to make the grate mount more squarely. Attachment 205419Attachment 205420Attachment 205421Attachment 205422

  5. #5
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Got my intake grate today. Will be installing it next week for testing. It looks good, and it is HEAVY....10 lbs. I took some pics of where the mounting bosses were "touched up" with machining or a grinder. I suppose to make the grate mount more squarely. Attachment 205419Attachment 205420Attachment 205421Attachment 205422


    do you know how much torque the bolts take? gonna be installing my grate tonight, thanks.

  6. #6
    R3_killa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    348
    According to Riva, they state to use BLUE loc-tite and torque the bolts to 29ft-lbs but I used RED loc-tite and torqued to 31.5ft-lbs for my Riva SS Intake Grate...

  7. #7
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    do you know how much torque the bolts take? gonna be installing my grate tonight, thanks.
    The instructions that came with my grate state blue loctite and 29 ft. lbs. torque. Personally, I use pipe thread sealant on the bolts and check them on a pre and post ride basis.

  8. #8
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Like R3 said, red loctite would probably be better than blue because red is much stronger. However, red loctite will be harder to remove than blue loctite .02

  9. #9
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    thanks guys, it will be interesting to see the results on a back to back test between the riva ss grate and the r&d grate, wish i had both..

  10. #10
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    thanks guys, it will be interesting to see the results on a back to back test between the riva ss grate and the r&d grate, wish i had both..
    Jorge,
    Don't forget to use the silicone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Riva Stainless Grate for FZR/FZS
    By WVGP1200R in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
  2. R&D Grate is in... Anyone got one yet?
    By Dicedrop25 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
  3. im trying to find the seal that is in the pto cover
    By rapidacceleration in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 11:07 AM
  4. Who is in for the Rotax Racing ECU upgrade?
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
  5. Oleron first results coming in....
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •