Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

stock 06 RXP. Cavitiaion, but no upper rpm loss?

Like the title says, the ski cavitates pretty bad on take off, but then takes off and still hits over 8000 rpm up top. I'm guessing it's just a wear ring that needs replaced, but just wanted to make sure that sounds right to you guys. I'm pretty new to the seadoo world.

+1
    Check the wear ring or prop for damage.

If not, look at the carbon seal. Might need to be replaced

+1
    hours on ski??? hours on wear ring and prop? fisrt thing i would do is replace wear ring and check prop. if thats not your issue loosen hose clamp that holds the bellow boot to the thru hull fitting. get a zip tie and a peice of vacum tubing. cut to length. slid zip tie through the tubing. pull the bellow boot up towards engine. put tubing with zip tie inside it at the bach of the bellow boot towards pump to put mre pressure on carbon ring.If this fixes the cavitation issue replace carbon seal and bellow boot...

Well after getting home tonight, I looked at the prop and wear ring, and they look pretty good to me, so I looked at the carbon seal and found this.

After searching a lot on here, I see that that line on the hull is pretty indicative of the coarbon seal going bad. I haven't priced the parts yet, or searched to see how much work it was. I also was wondering if the fiberglass around the exit of the shaft was supposed to look like that, or if tyou guys see anything else that looks out of the ordinary in there?

Thanks

Just chased the same problem. Replaced carbon seal and boot and now she is good again. Thats your problem I bet. Seems the rubber boot shrinks??? See my post about carbon seal and boot find.

Bryan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five 0 View Post
    Just chased the same problem. Replaced carbon seal and boot and now she is good again. Thats your problem I bet. Seems the rubber boot shrinks??? See my post about carbon seal and boot find.

Bryan
    Yup ... basically the rubber boot functions as a spring, pre-loading the carbon seal and SS flange ... over time, the rubber fatigues, proper tension is lost, and air is sucked thru there on initial takeoff, and then at WOT water leaks in, leaving the black line in the hull.

The fiberglass is unusual looking there ... I would check it frequently to see if it ever feels wet.

+1
    Replacement is easy. barrow a driveshaft removel tool(best way) or my way get a buddy to pull boot back while you remove c clip. Pull pump after c clip is removed. (Makes it a lot easier if you remove c clip prior to pump removel).Pull drive shaft. Replace boot and carbon seal. Slide drive shaft back in pto. Bolt pump on then put c clip back in.

+1
    I think a little Black dust is ok, but not quite that much... Need to replace it.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get the parts local and get it done by the weekend. So the only parts I need are the carbon seal and the boot?

+1
    yep...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information